Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New Mask - Compare to the P10? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New Mask - Compare to the P10? (/Thread-New-Mask-Compare-to-the-P10)

Pages: 1 2 3

New Mask - Compare to the P10? - retired_guy - 02-25-2015

I got an email from "Supplier #10" yesterday advertising a new product. (all the suppliers might have it).

It's the "Probasics Stealth" pillows mask.

It reads good, and might be an idea for some that have been P10 resistant around here (thinking of hammers, etc..)

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to hearing what folks think about it.

Here's the points the email made:

Stealth Nasal Pillow Features

•360º floating swivel elbow with quick disconnect
• Complete with 4 sizes of medical grade silicone nasal pillows mounted in easy-change platforms
• Nasal pillows are interchangeable allowing for the use of two different size pillows on a platform to accommodate asymmetric nostrils
• Light weight: Under 2.5 oz
• Soft, comfortable adjustable headgear

RE: New Mask - Compare to the P10? - Mr. Van Winkle - 02-25-2015

Price isn't bad, Looks like a comfortable set up.
I don't have issues with the nasal mask I'm using now , but looks worthy of a try sometime.
Sleep-well

RE: New Mask - Compare to the P10? - Sleeprider - 02-25-2015

The reviews on Supplier #1 are not very flattering.

For me the P10 was a game changer for its excellent unobtrusive exhaust diffuser. The only improvement they could make is offering alternative head gear so people that need more stability and adjustment can get it.

RE: New Mask - Compare to the P10? - Crimson Nape - 02-25-2015

(02-25-2015, 01:07 PM)retired_guy Wrote: I got an email from "Supplier #10" yesterday advertising a new product.

(02-25-2015, 05:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The reviews on Supplier #1 are not very flattering.

Sleeprider, are you talking about Supplier #1 or 10 that R_G was talking about. Also, where did you find these reviews? Everything that I find on either supplier seemed "normal" for lack of a better description.

RE: New Mask - Compare to the P10? - DariaVader - 02-25-2015

(02-25-2015, 05:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The reviews on Supplier #1 are not very flattering.

For me the P10 was a game changer for its excellent unobtrusive exhaust diffuser. The only improvement they could make is offering alternative head gear so people that need more stability and adjustment can get it.

+1 for improved exhaust diffusion. I don't think I could successfully use cpap without it. Other than the venting, I actually was more comfy in my fx nasal pillows I had before the p10. I've gone back and given the fx another chance, and no way. can't use it. wake up with eyes that look like someone blew em up. Even with the p10 I have to do all kinds of things to mitigate, and this week woke one morning with a lovely sty... I guess I am just a delicate flower Wink

RE: New Mask - Compare to the P10? - OpalRose - 02-25-2015

Three positives:
The swivel elbow could be beneficial.
The option to use two different size pillows is interesting.
Adjustable headgear.
I may try it at some point.
Coffee
OpalRose

RE: New Mask - Compare to the P10? - AshSF - 02-25-2015

My view on this is:

P10 is perfection. Why mess with perfection.

I have seen a lot of masks in the sleep lab. Resmed is way ahead of everyone else in therapy interfaces design. Their materials and their design is way ahead.

Everyone should try a P10 before any other nasal interface. Resistance is futile. Smile

RE: New Mask - Compare to the P10? - PaulaO2 - 02-25-2015

Oy. Sharpening my hammer.

Daria, the diffuser should not in any way have anything to do with the puffiness of your eyes. Other than it perhaps hitting the pillow or sheets and blowing back at you.

The only good thing going for the P10 is the ability to spoon with a bed partner with out chilling the top of their head. Other masks are just as, or more, quiet. Other masks certainly have better headgear. And other masks have these inventive things called mask hoses that, you know, swivel.

RE: New Mask - Compare to the P10? - retired_guy - 02-25-2015

I am perhaps the second most dedicated P10 user on the planet.

Having said that, I'm always curious about new stuff, so I ordered one of these in to see how it does. I'm thinking they took the best from the P10 playbook and added some features --- such as the swivel, and the adjustable straps to make up for the PERCEIVED shortcomings of the P10. They don't say much about the venting so I'll just have to wait and see on that.

The ability to use a large nosie pillow on one side and an extra small on the other side might appeal to those that have two faces.

Anyhow, I ordered it. They called to have me send a prescription which since I get my stuff from the VA I really didn't want to fool with, so they're sending it in chunks for me to put together so that the government doesn't feel so inclined to keep me safe.

RE: New Mask - Compare to the P10? - Sleeprider - 02-25-2015

Always good to have a guinea pig in the group. Looking forward to your review, and wondering how long it will take for you to exchange for a P10. Smile