Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Servicing Main PC Board Of Remstar M series CPAP Machine - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Servicing Main PC Board Of Remstar M series CPAP Machine (/Thread-Servicing-Main-PC-Board-Of-Remstar-M-series-CPAP-Machine)

Pages: 1 2

Servicing Main PC Board Of Remstar M series CPAP Machine - sjkepke - 02-28-2015

My name is Steve and I'm new to the forum. I'm an electronics tech, so what I'm about to discuss is not about someone who is just "tinkering" with a CPAP machineSmile I'm repairing my backup machine a RESPIRONICS "REMSTAR M SERIES" MACHINE. I'm working on the MAIN PC BOARD. A TRANSISTOR Q-15 ON THE UNDERSIDE of the pc board is missing. Looking at the solder pads, I can tell it WAS there. Fell off at some point. I NEED THE TYPE NUMBER of this Transistor. I've contacted RESPIRONICS SEVERAL TIMES regarding this. They either don't know the type number(DUH), or, SIMPLY DON'T want to be bothered, after all, this machine is about eight years old(OMG)! I'm hoping (and PRAYING), that someone on this forum with some similar electronics knowledge might possibly have the information that I need.

RE: Servicing Main PC Board Of Remstar M series CPAP Machine - Sleeprider - 02-28-2015

Supplier number 27 is a repair facility and the owner is a member of this forum. Try sending a PM to Accurate.

RE: Servicing Main PC Board Of Remstar M series CPAP Machine - Sleeprider - 02-28-2015

Another thought is the M-series is two generations old. You might keep an eye on Craigslist for a cast-off machine. Most sellers have an unrealistic idea of what those things are worth, but you might be able to pick one up inexpensively. ($25-50) and have a parts donor and usable machine.

RE: Servicing Main PC Board Of Remstar M series CPAP Machine - sjkepke - 02-28-2015

(02-28-2015, 06:54 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Another thought is the M-series is two generations old. You might keep an eye on Craigslist for a cast-off machine. Most sellers have an unrealistic idea of what those things are worth, but you might be able to pick one up inexpensively. ($25-50) and have a parts donor and usable machine.

That's an interesting idea. I'll give that a shot. Thank You!!

RE: Servicing Main PC Board Of Remstar M series CPAP Machine - lab rat - 02-28-2015

yes I think the parts droid idea is a goer

RE: Servicing Main PC Board Of Remstar M series CPAP Machine - sjkepke - 02-28-2015

Yes, me too. A possible for sure. already took care of it...
Thanks!!!

RE: Servicing Main PC Board Of Remstar M series CPAP Machine - trish6hundred - 02-28-2015

Hi sjkepke,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck getting your machine working.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.

Thank you so much! This is my first experience with a forum. This can be a very useful tool Smile

RE: Servicing Main PC Board Of Remstar M series CPAP Machine - charlotte704 - 06-13-2018

Any chance you'd be interested in repairing one for me? It's only been used for 3 months. The patient experienced a power failure and now the machine has a NEEDS SERVICING error on it.

RE: Servicing Main PC Board Of Remstar M series CPAP Machine - JesseLee - 06-13-2018

Hello Charlotte704,

Welcome to Apnea Board!

This thread is over 3 years old and the machine that's discussed in this thread is much older. You may get better advice if you create your own new thread and include some more information about the machine. It would be helpful to know the model number of the machine.

Best wishes