Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResMed Model AirFit F10 leak - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResMed Model AirFit F10 leak (/Thread-ResMed-Model-AirFit-F10-leak)

ResMed Model AirFit F10 leak - nurmacal - 03-07-2015

I am hoping someone will have a suggestion. I currently use a
ResMed Model AirCurve 10 VAuto with a full face mask the ResMed Model AirFit F10. I was switched from a CPAP to a BiPap machine since the Cpap didn't seem to be helping. The pressure is set at 14-18. The problem I am having is that the mask (Airfit 10) worked great for about 10 days and now I am unable to get a a good seal. My machine shows that the seal is good with a leaking of approx. 30%. The mask constantly is making squeaks and and all kind of noise form what I see as leaks, Yet the machine reports "good seal." It has gotten to the point where I have to sleep in the spare bedroom so my wife and I can get some rest. Also I should mention that I have extremely loose wrinkly skin on my face, the respiratory tech said this is not a factor. However if I put the mask on and keep my face perfectly still it is ok, the slightest movement of lips, nose anything at all will immediately have a noisey leak. (My wife said I should get a face lift, I said No,no, no and no. I mentioned the noise problem to the Home Health supplier. They are going to send out another seal. After a couple of weeks I got the new seal - wrong size!! so we're waiting again. The MD dismisses the noise as "one of those things" you have to deal with at higher pressures. Is there possibly a better full face mask for "higher pressures?" Also my AHI varies nightly form an all time how of 10.9 to a high of 49.8. The ratio of obstructive to central is approx. 75 central. The MCD is having me do another sleep study. In the mean time the noise, the spare bedroom is really a pain in the facemask as well as other places. By the way the mask has been adjusted by the Respiratory Tech, I am a retired ED RN s I have played witth lots of masks and I have adjusted to the limit.

RE: ResMed Model AirFit F10 leak - PaulaO2 - 03-07-2015

Have you cleaned the mask? Sometimes oils and the like build up and it cannot maintain a good seal anymore. Have you changed face soaps or anything like that? Also make sure you have put it back together right. I've made that mistake a LOT.

Wrinkly skin would make a difference! Mask pillows are not soft putty that can form itself to every crease and of our face. If so, there would be one mask for all of us!

Do you mouth breathe at night? If not, then toss the full face mask and try nasal pillows. Least amount of skin contact. Even if you do, try nasal pillows and a chin strap.

RE: ResMed Model AirFit F10 leak - trish6hundred - 03-07-2015

Hi nurmacal,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might try a differenttype of mask, such as nasal pillows, and a chinstrap to see if that will help you.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you as you continue and fine tune your CPAP therapy.