Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Intro & Request for SH Interpretation - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Intro & Request for SH Interpretation (/Thread-Intro-Request-for-SH-Interpretation)

Intro & Request for SH Interpretation - Cedric35 - 03-14-2015

Hi everyone! I've using CPAP for 8 years, but I'm new on this board.

When I had my initial sleep study in 2007 my untreated AHI was 72 events per hour. I was prescribed a straight CPAP at a setting of 8 cm with a Resmed Swift and immediately began feeling better. Using Encore Pro, I was able to confirm that my AHI was staying below 5 so all was well

In 2012 I got a replacement PR System One APAP which is set to 6 - 12 cm. I use a Resmed Swift FX and tape my mouth each night.

I recently read my card into Sleepyhead 0.9.8-1 and have over 1000 nights worth of data to look at and was a little surprised to see that over the last year my summary data looked like this:

AHI 6.07
Obstructive Index 1.90
Hypopnea Index 2.41
Clear Airway Index 1.76
Flow Limitation Index 0.55
RERA Index 1.25
% of time in Cheyne Stokes Respiration 0.56%
Average Pressure 7.97
90% Pressure 10.5

Note: all these numbers are 1 year averages.

Not a terrible AHI (and I still feel OK), but above 5 so I'm wondering what you guys think. I'll be glad to post some graphs; let me know which are most useful.

Ever since getting my initial diagnosis, I've been an advocate for CPAP therapy and am quick to recommend it to friends who seem to have the need. I'd like to get my numbers as good as they can be and would appreciate any thoughts that jump out at anyone.

Thanks everyone!

Cedric

RE: Intro & Request for SH Interpretation - retired_guy - 03-14-2015

Hi Cedric,

What is your "What have you done for me lately?" results?

Last night? This past week?

I'd be interested in your average pressures for a short time frame, and your leak experiences as well as your apnea event data.

RE: Intro & Request for SH Interpretation - truetopath - 03-14-2015

Great job being a cpap advocate. I am also interested in your numbers from the last month or so.

RE: Intro & Request for SH Interpretation - trish6hundred - 03-14-2015

Hi Cedric35,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.

RE: Intro & Request for SH Interpretation - Cedric35 - 03-14-2015

Thanks all. I'm a newbie with the Snipping Tool, but here are some more stats:

[attachment=1356]

RE: Intro & Request for SH Interpretation - Sleeprider - 03-14-2015

Cedric, with a new account, you can link to your Sleepyhead images by following this tutorial http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Attaching_Images_and_Files_on_Apnea_Board.

The most useful graphic is the Daily Details with graphs for Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, and Leaks.

Just a cursory look at your summary data suggests you need a higher minimum pressure on your APAP. You seem to be using a minimum pressure of 6.0 and max of 12.0. Your 90% pressure is 9.0 and if we can get your minimum pressure closer to that, I think you'll see a significant reduction in OA and H events. I would consider 7.0 or 8.0 as a better minimum pressure setting.

Since you feel okay, and are satisfied with your sleep other than the numbers, that is actually a pretty good sign. Welcome to the forums, and don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have.

RE: Intro & Request for SH Interpretation - retired_guy - 03-14-2015

Thanks for the updated numbers Cedric. I agree with Sleeprider that a small increase in your minimum pressure might just drop you into that sweet spot. All in all, the numbers don't look too bad, so just a little tweaking should take care of it.

RE: Intro & Request for SH Interpretation - Cedric35 - 03-14-2015

(03-14-2015, 09:00 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Thanks for the updated numbers Cedric. I agree with Sleeprider that a small increase in your minimum pressure might just drop you into that sweet spot. All in all, the numbers don't look too bad, so just a little tweaking should take care of it.

Thanks guys, I'll raise the minimum and see how that works. I have an Imgur link to post of one night's graphs, but my post total is too low to allow me to include clickable URLs. I'll watch for positive changes and post again later.

Thanks for a great forum!

RE: Intro & Request for SH Interpretation - quiescence at last - 03-15-2015

you should be able to embed an image even at your post total. look in imgur with the image on screen, there are options in the right panel, one begins with [img]. copy that and embed into your post. you should preview your post before posting it, to be sure it is as you wish it to appear.

QAL