Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
SD CARD REPORTING - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: SD CARD REPORTING (/Thread-SD-CARD-REPORTING)

Pages: 1 2

SD CARD REPORTING - weeble - 03-18-2015

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how to get my reports without it compromising the SD card? I haven't done a report now in over a year because each time I put the card into windows 8.1 then put it back into the machine, I have to reformat the card. I found an article once by someone providing a fix for this but it didn't work for me. (resmed s9 btw)

Thanks

RE: SD CARD REPORTING - OMyMyOHellYes - 03-18-2015

Before you put it in the card reader on the computer, flip the lock tab towards the back of the card to lock it. Nothing can be written with it in that position. Download your data into both ResScan and Sleepyhead, then remove the card from the PC, slide the tab back to the front of the card to unlock it and put it back into the machine. Go back and do what you want to do with the software.

OMM

RE: SD CARD REPORTING - weeble - 03-18-2015

(03-18-2015, 08:39 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Before you put it in the card reader on the computer, flip the lock tab towards the back of the card to lock it. Nothing can be written with it in that position. Download your data into both ResScan and Sleepyhead, then remove the card from the PC, slide the tab back to the front of the card to unlock it and put it back into the machine. Go back and do what you want to do with the software.

OMM

Thank you but this is what I used to do and it didn't work for me. I'm not a novice with computers and I know what I'm doing so I know that I did everything to the letter. Oh well....guess I'm just the odd bod 1 in a million who it doesn't work for Dont-know

RE: SD CARD REPORTING - OMyMyOHellYes - 03-18-2015

Sorry that wasn't more help.

RE: SD CARD REPORTING - Sleeprider - 03-18-2015

Maybe downgrade to Windows 7? I don't understand what could happen if you write protect the disk, but like you said it's been over a year. What's worse? Never looking at the data, or having to reformat? Make a backup and take a peek.

(03-18-2015, 09:24 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Sorry that wasn't more help.

All good - thank you though, I do appreciate your helpThanks

RE: SD CARD REPORTING - LanceC - 03-18-2015

Perhaps try a new SD card. If the write-protect isn't working there might be a problem with the card you're using.

(03-18-2015, 11:03 PM)LanceC Wrote: Perhaps try a new SD card. If the write-protect isn't working there might be a problem with the card you're using.

Thank you LanceC for your reply however I've already done this. Perhaps windows 10 will correct the problem when it comes out!!

RE: SD CARD REPORTING - LanceC - 03-18-2015

Are you using the same card reader? Something must be ignoring the write protect and I don't think it is within the capability of the OS to do so.

(03-18-2015, 11:20 PM)LanceC Wrote: Are you using the same card reader? Something must be ignoring the write protect and I don't think it is within the capability of the OS to do so.

no - different card readers. It is definitely win 8.1 thats doing it, there are lots of discussions online about it but no help. Someone has kindly emailed me some information that may help so will be trying it out later when i get home.

Thanks everyone for their replies.