Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Airsense 10 Humidifier Tub Cleaning - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Airsense 10 Humidifier Tub Cleaning (/Thread-Airsense-10-Humidifier-Tub-Cleaning)

Airsense 10 Humidifier Tub Cleaning - coolbranch - 03-22-2015

Brand new machine and first time cleaning.

What's the deal with this? This water tub has a weep hole on the bottom and allows soap and water to enter between the molded tub around the heat plate. I rinsed as well as possible but I do not see how it can air dry out before use.

Will it just "boil out" when used next, without causing any damage to the machine?

[Image: 2524.jpeg]

RE: Airsense 10 Humidifier Tub Cleaning - truetopath - 03-22-2015

I don't have that humidifier but I get real aggravated when it happens to a travel mug. Hopefully, someone will have an answer for you.

RE: Airsense 10 Humidifier Tub Cleaning - coolbranch - 03-22-2015

(03-22-2015, 11:30 AM)truetopath Wrote: I don't have that humidifier but I get real aggravated when it happens to a travel mug. Hopefully, someone will have an answer for you.

Nothing like the taste of dish detergent in the morning coffee.

RE: Airsense 10 Humidifier Tub Cleaning - truetopath - 03-22-2015

(03-22-2015, 11:35 AM)coolbranch Wrote:
(03-22-2015, 11:30 AM)truetopath Wrote: I don't have that humidifier but I get real aggravated when it happens to a travel mug. Hopefully, someone will have an answer for you.

Nothing like the taste of dish detergent in the morning coffee.

Absolutely right!

RE: Airsense 10 Humidifier Tub Cleaning - Nyre - 03-22-2015

As long as you rinse out the tub well you don't need to worry about air drying it out as your going to fill it with water any how

RE: Airsense 10 Humidifier Tub Cleaning - Mr. Van Winkle - 03-22-2015

If you have an air compressor you could blow it dry with that, I just let mine air dry and if it's still damp the humidifier heater will dry it out.
I don't think it's a problem at all or they wound not have put that in there design.
Sleep-well

RE: Airsense 10 Humidifier Tub Cleaning - coolbranch - 03-22-2015

(03-22-2015, 12:48 PM)Mr. Van Winkle Wrote: If you have an air compressor you could blow it dry with that, I just let mine air dry and if it's still damp the humidifier heater will dry it out.
I don't think it's a problem at all or they wound not have put that in there design.
Sleep-well

Thank you. Hard to figure why it was engineered this way unless there is a heat sensor under the weep hole to read heat plate temperature. Oh-jeez

RE: Airsense 10 Humidifier Tub Cleaning - Sleep87 - 03-22-2015

(03-22-2015, 01:02 PM)coolbranch Wrote: Thank you. Hard to figure why it was engineered this way unless there is a heat sensor under the weep hole to read heat plate temperature.

The section where your picture shows water buildup (with the weep hole) is outside the housing of the A10. Only the squarish part of the base is over the heating element.

I have seen no mineral buildup in that area in the several months I've had my A10.

RE: Airsense 10 Humidifier Tub Cleaning - Veilsd - 03-23-2015

Water can enter around the edge of the flat stainless steel heating plate too. It's not a problem for water to be trapped in there.