Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Calling all CPAP "stomach sleepers"...pillows? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Calling all CPAP "stomach sleepers"...pillows? (/Thread-Calling-all-CPAP-stomach-sleepers-pillows)

Calling all CPAP "stomach sleepers"...pillows? - 2tired2sleep - 03-24-2015

Anyone have thought or experiences with the special CPAP pillows? My mask is leaking and the "notched" pillow makes sense but at a 100 bucks for a pillow, I'd like to get more opinions! Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? THX!

RE: Calling all CPAP "stomach sleepers"...pillows? - PaytonA - 03-24-2015

I tried several CPAP pillows at one time. I do not remember what they were but they did not seem to help me. I seem to do better with a regular pillow but that is me. Most people that I have seen discuss CPAP pi9llows have not been happy with them but some people are. YMMV

Best Regards,

PaytonA

RE: Calling all CPAP "stomach sleepers"...pillows? - OpalRose - 03-24-2015

I tried one that was notched on both sides. One side was foam, and don't know what the other side was, although both sides were as if I were sleeping on a brick. Hated it! $50.00 dollars later! Ohwell
OpalRose

RE: Calling all CPAP "stomach sleepers"...pillows? - worn_out_in_lebanon - 03-24-2015

I spent $64 on a Double PaPillow that sits in the closet. It was too high and firm for me.

I already had a buckwheat pillow, and I can make indentations in it that stay in place.

RE: Calling all CPAP "stomach sleepers"...pillows? - truetopath - 03-24-2015

I wasted $60 on the max one. It was hot as all get up, and actually dislodged my mask more. I proceeded to give it to my mother in law Big Grin Ive had great luck with just a $10 cotton pillow, but you have to find what's most comfortable. Unfortunately, anything with cpap in the name is going to have an ungodly mark up associated with it. Best of luck on your journey.

RE: Calling all CPAP "stomach sleepers"...pillows? - OMyMyOHellYes - 03-24-2015

(03-24-2015, 05:12 PM)worn_out_in_lebanon Wrote: I spent $64 on a Double PaPillow that sits in the closet. It was too high and firm for me.

I already had a buckwheat pillow, and I can make indentations in it that stay in place.

Yay!!! Buckwheat hull pillows!!!

OMM

RE: Calling all CPAP "stomach sleepers"...pillows? - distantdreamer - 03-24-2015

I just use a regular pillow and smoosh it into the position I want it and it works just fine for tummy sleeping

RE: Calling all CPAP "stomach sleepers"...pillows? - PaytonA - 03-25-2015

(03-24-2015, 09:41 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:
(03-24-2015, 05:12 PM)worn_out_in_lebanon Wrote: I spent $64 on a Double PaPillow that sits in the closet. It was too high and firm for me.

Yay!!! Buckwheat hull pillows!!!

OMM

I tried Buckwheat hull pillows back before CPAP. I liked the fact that I could shape it however I wanted but by morning the shape did not bear any resemblance to what I had produced the previous night. The other problem that I had with Buckwheat hull pillows was that I am a side sleeper and the hulls were noisy with the slightest movement. All of that was some time back and maybe they have improved by now.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

RE: Calling all CPAP "stomach sleepers"...pillows? - worn_out_in_lebanon - 03-25-2015

My buckwheat pillow has quieted down now that the hulls are broken in. Plus I run a Marpac white noise machine at night so that masks a lot of small noises.