Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Sleepyhead and Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Sleepyhead and Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex (/Thread-Sleepyhead-and-Philips-Respironics-REMstar-Auto-A-Flex)

Sleepyhead and Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex - Hilobarbie - 03-25-2015

Does anyone know if Sleepyhead can be used with Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex? And if not, does anyone know what to use so someone can print reports?
Thanks for the help

RE: Sleepyhead and Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex - PaulaO2 - 03-26-2015

According to the SleepyHead wiki site, PR machines from 450 on up are compatible.

http://sleepyhead.sourceforge.net/wiki/#CPAP_Machines

RE: Sleepyhead and Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex - quiescence at last - 03-26-2015

yes. that model is compatible. You could also see several attributes by using EncoreBasic, a Repironics software package.

RE: Sleepyhead and Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex - coolbranch - 03-26-2015

SH works great with this machine.

RE: Sleepyhead and Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex - Hilobarbie - 03-26-2015

Thanks all. I'll pass on the info to my friend

RE: Sleepyhead and Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex - vivaldi - 07-03-2017

I believe the above responses are incorrect.  I haven't found a way to import this data into Sleepy Head and the instructions for Sleepyhead say it only works for the System One and newer machines, not the REMstar ones.

The 
Respironics REMstar M Series CPAP is a fairly old model that came out before the Respironics System One.  The newer models of System One greater than 450 are supported by SleepyHead, but the REMstar is not.

The REMstar has its own "smart code" card that is like a credit card with the data chip on one end.  You'll need to purchase a reader for your PC to access the information on it.   You will also need the software EncoreBasic to view the data stored on the smart card.

If I am not reading the instructions right please forgive me, but I'm pretty sure the REMstar is a no go with Sleepyhead.   Confused

RE: Sleepyhead and Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex - OpalRose - 07-03-2017

vivaldi,
This thread is a couple years old, but just to clarify that the 50 and 60 series machines are compatible with #SleepyHead software.

The machines name is: Phillips Respironics System One REMstar 60 Series. (They use the name REMstar in the description of Series 60 machines.)

And yes, the M Series is an older machine and is not compatible with #SleepyHead.

If you have a 50 or 60 Series machine, you should be able to use #SleepyHead.

Start a new thread and describe the issues you are having with installation, and someone will help.

RE: Sleepyhead and Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex - Sleepster - 07-03-2017

I believe that Respironics uses the term REMStar to refer to all of its CPAP machines, to distinguish them from their BiPAP machines.

RE: Sleepyhead and Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex - robysue - 07-03-2017

(03-25-2015, 11:23 PM)Hilobarbie Wrote: Does anyone know if Sleepyhead can be used with Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex?  And if not, does anyone know what to use so someone can print reports?
Thanks for the help

WHICH REMstar?

Phillips Resprionics used "REMstar" as part of the name of their CPAPs for something like 15 or 20 years.

SleepyHead is compatible with the PR System One REMstars (Models 450, 460, 550, 560).  The APAPs in the System One models are models 550 and 560, as well as the newer PR DreamStation APAPs.

SleepyHead is NOT compatible with the older M-Series APAPs or the even older, larger "classic" Resprionics APAPs.

RE: Sleepyhead and Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex - SuperSleeper - 07-03-2017

(07-03-2017, 03:04 PM)robysue Wrote: the even older, larger "classic" Resprionics APAPs.

I lovingly refer to my "classic" old REMstar Pro as "the tank" - sorta resembles one. It's rock-solid and still works just fine.

[Image: 1009586-2.jpg?1353507131]    [Image: world-war-2-toys-11.jpg]