Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
SleepyHead data folder question - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: SleepyHead data folder question (/Thread-SleepyHead-data-folder-question)

SleepyHead data folder question - khsleep - 03-30-2015

I'm struggling with this software.
I successfully imported data for a couple of times. But now I can't find which folder the data files are stored in. (I can find several where it is not stored). Files are still there.. not wiped.
The SleepyHead Beginners Guide doesn't appear to help because under section 2 "Importing Data into SleepyHead AFTER the first time" there's a section missing - . . . "The Import dialog box will appear and if you are importing from the
After the first data importation, you . . ."
I didn't rename the folder. So can anyone please advise what it's titled?
Thanks.

RE: SleepyHead data folder question - Crimson Nape - 03-30-2015

Welcome to the board. If you're using SH version 0.9.8.1-testing, you should have a folder named "SleepyHeadData-Testing" that will contain your data. As to where it is; That's another question. It can be anywhere on your computer but I would suggest that you look in your "My Documents" folder.

RE: SleepyHead data folder question - PollCat - 03-30-2015

Not positive that I didn't rename the file but look for a file called "ResMed_" followed by a string of numbers.

RE: SleepyHead data folder question - Quila - 03-30-2015

I'm new here and I'm just starting to learn about CPAP, but I do know a few things about computers so this might be a question I can answer.

If you're using the latest version of SleepyHead (v0.9.8-1 testing), then you can see the full folder name in the Select Profile window that pops up when you start SleepyHead. It's shown at the bottom of that window. If you don't see that pop-up window, then click File, Change User and that window along with the folder name will appear.

I haven't used earlier versions of SleepyHead, so I'm not sure if this works with earlier versions.

RE: SleepyHead data folder question - archangle - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 01:14 PM)Quila Wrote: I'm new here and I'm just starting to learn about CPAP, but I do know a few things about computers so this might be a question I can answer.

If you're using the latest version of SleepyHead (v0.9.8-1 testing), then you can see the full folder name in the Select Profile window that pops up when you start SleepyHead. It's shown at the bottom of that window. If you don't see that pop-up window, then click File, Change User and that window along with the folder name will appear.

I haven't used earlier versions of SleepyHead, so I'm not sure if this works with earlier versions.

SleepyHead crashes for me if I try to change the folder on the "select user" menu. It seems to work if I go directly into file-change folder menu.

V0.9.8-1 Windows 7 64 bit.

RE: SleepyHead data folder question - Quila - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 01:30 PM)archangle Wrote: SleepyHead crashes for me if I try to change the folder on the "select user" menu. It seems to work if I go directly into file-change folder menu.

V0.9.8-1 Windows 7 64 bit.

It crashes for me there as well. I'm using the same version. However, you can still see the name of the folder that SleepyHead is storing data in while the select profile window is open. I think khsleep was just trying to find that folder.

If you can see the image I attached, you can see where my SleepyHead data folder is. It's not in the standard location, but it does show the full path.

[attachment=1380]

RE: SleepyHead data folder question - trish6hundred - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 09:41 AM)khsleep Wrote: I'm struggling with this software.
I successfully imported data for a couple of times. But now I can't find which folder the data files are stored in. (I can find several where it is not stored). Files are still there.. not wiped.
The SleepyHead Beginners Guide doesn't appear to help because under section 2 "Importing Data into SleepyHead AFTER the first time" there's a section missing - . . . "The Import dialog box will appear and if you are importing from the
After the first data importation, you . . ."
I didn't rename the folder. So can anyone please advise what it's titled?
Thanks.
Hi khsleep,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.