Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] Warning! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] Warning! (/Thread-CPAP-Warning)

Pages: 1 2 3

[CPAP] Warning! - LanceC - 04-02-2015

I've seen it mentioned elsewhere here recently but I think the subject is important enough to have its own thread so new CPAP users will see it. As a recent new user myself, February 20th, I had to learn this lesson on my own and it was a terrible experience. Nobody warns you of this. It is generally only discussed quietly or behind closed doors. I think the therapists secretly laugh about this when you first get your machines because they know you will learn this lesson soon, with no warning.

The warning:

DO NOT FART in the direction of your air intake. ESPECIALLY if you've had a fried egg sandwich as a bed-time snack. The smell is amplified and contained, PUNISHING you for far longer than a fart would ordinarily linger.

You have been warned!

RE: [CPAP] Warning! - sleeplurker - 04-02-2015

Laugh-a-lotLaugh-a-lotLaugh-a-lot

RE: [CPAP] Warning! - OMyMyOHellYes - 04-02-2015

One good thing, though, about CPAP therapy is that if the machine is properly placed, it is impossible for your bed partner to properly execute the classic "Dutch Oven" maneuver on you.

Seriously, do not put your CPAP machine on the floor by your bed if a flatulent dog is likely to sleep next to it.

OMM

RE: [CPAP] Warning! - truetopath - 04-02-2015

Gotta love the methane cuddles

RE: [CPAP] Warning! - SuperSleeper - 04-02-2015

Pressurized methane gas is very flammable. Make sure there are no open flames near your mask while pressurized methane flows through your mask outlet holes.

The life you save may be your own.

Whistle

RE: [CPAP] Warning! - archangle - 04-02-2015

You need to order the special hypoflautlentic filters.

RE: [CPAP] Warning! - LanceC - 04-02-2015

(04-02-2015, 07:44 PM)archangle Wrote: You need to order the special hypoflautlentic filters.

You mean Stanx?

RE: [CPAP] Warning! - truetopath - 04-02-2015

(04-02-2015, 07:19 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Pressurized methane gas is very flammable. Make sure there are no open flames near your mask while pressurized methane flows through your mask outlet holes.

The life you save may be your own.

Whistle

DielaughingDielaughingDielaughingDielaughing

RE: [CPAP] Warning! - justMongo - 04-03-2015

(04-02-2015, 07:44 PM)archangle Wrote: You need to order the special hypoflautlentic filters.

Do those go in the machine or in...

RE: [CPAP] Warning! - worn_out_in_lebanon - 04-03-2015

(04-03-2015, 11:00 AM)justMongo Wrote:

Do those go in the machine or in...

Ha! That would make the misheard "nip it in the butt" actually apply... Smile