Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Switched ffm, got 0.0 AHI. - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Switched ffm, got 0.0 AHI. (/Thread-Switched-ffm-got-0-0-AHI)

Pages: 1 2

Switched ffm, got 0.0 AHI. - JVinNE - 04-08-2015

DME visited me yesterday and switched out my F10 for an F&P Simplus, and this morning, when I checked Sleepyhead, my AHI was 0.0. Much nicer fitting mask so far. Not as rough on the bride of the nose; more cushy, but... when I woke up from sleep to go to the bathroom, my wrist pulse ox said 82% desat, so I'm a bit confused. My finger might have been cold, because the room was cold. Going to ask my sleep doctor about this.

RE: Switched ffm, got 0.0 AHI. - JVinNE - 04-08-2015

I can't edit my post. I also add that I've been on therapy for 7 days, and when I wake up in the morning, my lungs still feel a bit strange; dry upper airway, and a pressure feeling in the lungs. Is this normal for just starting ASV/Bilevel?

RE: Switched ffm, got 0.0 AHI. - worn_out_in_lebanon - 04-08-2015

JV - nice on the 0.0. Smile

I've been at this a little over 3 weeks now. (not ASV though, just an auto pap)
Seems like I had that lung sensation for the first two weeks.

RE: Switched ffm, got 0.0 AHI. - justMongo - 04-08-2015

(04-08-2015, 08:58 AM)JVinNE Wrote: I can't edit my post. I also add that I've been on therapy for 7 days, and when I wake up in the morning, my lungs still feel a bit strange; dry upper airway, and a pressure feeling in the lungs. Is this normal for just starting ASV/Bilevel?

Dry, yes. Try turning up the humidifier.
"...pressure feeling in the lungs" Some feel it. The ASV pumps the lungs with air pressure to treat central apneas. You'll get used to it; plus the machine learns what your normal is -- and adjusts therapy accordingly.

RE: Switched ffm, got 0.0 AHI. - PaytonA - 04-08-2015

Great results so far. Keep working it.

RE: Switched ffm, got 0.0 AHI. - retired_guy - 04-08-2015

Remarkable progress for such a short period of time. Remember when the Doc thought you should be dead? Well, you aren't! Good job making this work for you.

RE: Switched ffm, got 0.0 AHI. - trish6hundred - 04-08-2015

Hi JVinNE,
CONGRATULATIONS! on the 0s, keep up the good work, sounds like you are off to a great start.

RE: Switched ffm, got 0.0 AHI. - OpalRose - 04-08-2015

JV,
Nice to see that 0.0.
Well-done
OpalRose

(04-08-2015, 11:08 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Remarkable progress for such a short period of time. Remember when the Doc thought you should be dead? Well, you aren't! Good job making this work for you.

I'm not the one who had the doc say that. It is another man on here. I am a woman. Smile

PS. I meant to say "bridge" of nose, not bride.

Thank you to everyone who has responded. Smile I have the humidifier on auto, because the temperature in my room changes during the night; we have a new heating system in this house, and it's been a bit wonky. I might try to mess with it a bit more, but when I get up to go to the bathroom, in the middle of my sleep cycle, I notice the humidifier is pretty low, and I often have to refill it a bit before getting back into bed.

Doc said I needed this ASV machine for sleep-onset Hypopnea; which would desat down to the 70s sometimes. It scared the p**p out of me, even though the lab centrals AHI was only 5.1.

Talked with one of my reps at the DME (really good one by the way, nice people, and caring.) They called me to see how I like the new mask I got yesterday, and they looked at my numbers. Let me put it this way, the DME is so good, the woman who came to the house to fit me for the mask, hugged me when I was crying; I have been through a lot of medical drama lately, and it's been very difficult on my body and mind.