Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Transfer Data from Cpap to Apap - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Transfer Data from Cpap to Apap (/Thread-Transfer-Data-from-Cpap-to-Apap)

Transfer Data from Cpap to Apap - Mom in Saskatoon - 04-20-2015

Is it possible to transfer my Data (daily's and stats) from the sim card on my ResMed S9 Elite to my ResMed S9 Auto. I would like to be able to keep the history. Using Sleepy Head on MacBook Pro
I have backed it all up and will be able to compare via the backup, but I would like to be able to read my charts and keep all my data on my new sim card.
Thanks for all you do for this community.
Deb in Saskatoon

RE: Transfer Data from Cpap to Apap - justMongo - 04-20-2015

I'm not sure you can merge the data. The data is tied to machine serial number.
I'd just create a new username in SH and read the data from the S9 Auto into the new username.

FYI -- proper term is SD (Secure Digital) Card -- a SIM card is for phones.

RE: Transfer Data from Cpap to Apap - worn_out_in_lebanon - 04-20-2015

I think SleepyHead keeps all the data on the computer, and just uses the sd card to get new days to add to its own file.
For example, if you start up SleepyHead with no sd card in the computer, it will still show all your history.
In this case, it seems you could just start importing from the new machine, and let SleepyHead continue to add it to your history on the computer.

RE: Transfer Data from Cpap to Apap - trish6hundred - 04-20-2015

Hi Mom in Saskatoon,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.

RE: Transfer Data from Cpap to Apap - LanceC - 04-20-2015

(04-20-2015, 03:53 PM)worn_out_in_lebanon Wrote: I think SleepyHead keeps all the data on the computer, and just uses the sd card to get new days to add to its own file.
For example, if you start up SleepyHead with no sd card in the computer, it will still show all your history.
In this case, it seems you could just start importing from the new machine, and let SleepyHead continue to add it to your history on the computer.

^This^

Just import the new card the same way you do the old one. SH will figure it out.

The history on your card is limited anyway. All your data is on your PC.

RE: Transfer Data from Cpap to Apap - OMyMyOHellYes - 04-20-2015

(04-20-2015, 03:42 PM)justMongo Wrote: I'm not sure you can merge the data. The data is tied to machine serial number.
I'd just create a new username in SH and read the data from the S9 Auto into the new username.

FYI -- proper term is SD (Secure Digital) Card -- a SIM card is for phones.

I don't think that a new account is the way to go. SH will just read the data from the new card and append it to the pt database without the need for a new account. I did that with two S-9s once up on a time. Started down the road w/ two user accounts and then realized I could import data from the second machine under one account with no problems.

OMMOHY