Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Remed mask with respironic? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Remed mask with respironic? (/Thread-Remed-mask-with-respironic)

Remed mask with respironic? - 7Bud - 04-21-2015

I use just given a resmed mirage fx nasal mask and a respironics 260p c-flex+. I notice that the tiny vent holes are extremely restrictive on the resmed mask compared to a respironic mask. I take it this is so you don't inhale to much co2? Any reason why I couldn't use this mask for my respironics cpap? According to resmed.com, it says you probably could use it...

RE: Remed mask with respironic? - Crimson Nape - 04-21-2015

As far as I know, all masks are will fit any CPAP machine. That seems to be one standard that all manufacturers have adopted.

RE: Remed mask with respironic? - trish6hundred - 04-21-2015

Hi 7Bud,
Masks are usually interchangable between the different machine brandss.
Hang in there for morre responses to your posts.

RE: Remed mask with respironic? - PaulaO2 - 04-21-2015

Yep, you can use any mask with any machine. For ResMed, you just tell it what type (nasal, pillows, or full face). I can't remember how you tell PR what mask you are using. They need to know in order to figure out the leak rate and all that. Check the manual of the machine and it should tell you how to do the mask setting.

You can get the clinician manual here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pressure/change-cpap-pressure-settings-adjusting-your-machine-with-a-clinician-setup-manual

Scroll down to Section 3 for instructions on how to request it.

RE: Remed mask with respironic? - 7Bud - 04-21-2015

Leak rate? makes sense, but I can't find no mention of leak rate in any manual, nor clinician manual, nor any mask instruction manual.
I do notice the that the leak rate between both brands of mask are night and day in difference.
I did not see any mask settings in both my cpap machines, the pr se220 and 260p.

RE: Remed mask with respironic? - Crimson Nape - 04-21-2015

From what I understand your Remstar has a numeric value assigned to a leak rate range(1-4. . , I think)in the setup menu. Since I'm not a P-R man I've just exhausted my knowledge on this subject. I do remember that I saw a reference to this setting in a thread about switching between a FFM and nasal pillows. As of this post, "No-Joy" on finding that thread.

I'll keep looking.

Edit: I found this. I hope it may help.

"SYSTEM ONE resistance - This setting allows you to adjust the level of air pressure relief based on the
specific Respironics mask. Each Respironics mask may have a “System One” resistance control setting. Contact
your home care provider if you cannot find this resistance setting for your mask. If your provider has locked the
resistance setting into place, you can view the setting but cannot change it, and the screen will display a lock symbol.
If your provider has disabled resistance, you will not see this setting."

Thanks!
I found that resistance setting. and I managed to find the value for respironics mask.
But for the resmed nasal mask it says Resistance, Drop in pressure measured (nominal)
at 50 L/min 0.2 cm h20
at 100 L/min 1.0 cm h20

I have no idea how do I use that info???

RE: Remed mask with respironic? - OMyMyOHellYes - 04-21-2015

It is no problem to have masks from other manufacturers. When I grew up on a Resmed S-8, I used a Respironics Comfort Classic mask. You can see from the info at the elft that I'm using a Resmed mask (same one you are asking about) with a Respironics System One. It, at the end of the day (how ilterally true), boils down to which mask is the most comfortable and effective to you.

OMMOHY

(04-21-2015, 09:03 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: It is no problem to have masks from other manufacturers. When I grew up on a Resmed S-8, I used a Respironics Comfort Classic mask. You can see from the info at the elft that I'm using a Resmed mask (same one you are asking about) with a Respironics System One. It, at the end of the day (how ilterally true), boils down to which mask is the most comfortable and effective to you.

OMMOHY
thank you, thank you, everybody for helping!!!

What do you think I should do about "system one resistance" setting?
Right now I have it on X2 for the a respironics mask. there is an option of turning it off or adjusting it. my machine isn't an autoset. I would like to try out this resmed mirage fx mask, so I don't know what I should with this setting and this mask.

RE: Remed mask with respironic? - Sleeprider - 04-21-2015

You do not need to do anything with the PR System One resistance setting. I use a Resmed Airfit P10 mask with the PRS1 BiPAP and APAP machines. I have changed resistance settings, and not noticed any real difference. You could probably set it according to a nuance nasal mask, which varies by size, but I'd just leave it off(X*0). What size nasal pillows do you use? I used your model mask before switching to the Airfit P10 in December. Amazingly quiet and comfortable, and no disruptive jet of air.

Your model 260 CPAP does not give you any useful data, and the results of any minor changes to the resistance setting could not be observed in your sleep efficacy. I would recommend getting an upgraded machine 460 or 560 at any time that you qualify for it under insurance, or find one available on Craigslist.