Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Anyone Glue The Pilairo Mask Pillow On? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Anyone Glue The Pilairo Mask Pillow On? (/Thread-Anyone-Glue-The-Pilairo-Mask-Pillow-On)

Anyone Glue The Pilairo Mask Pillow On? - player - 04-22-2015

The only mask I want to use is the Pilairo, but the pillow insert is coming off its seal very easily. I am waking up with it leaking around the ring that the pillow attaches to the mask. When I pull on the pillow very lightly, it does not take much to have it easily come off the round fitting.

So... I am thinking about gluing it on to the mask. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone tried gluing it on?

RE: Anyone Glue The Pilairo Mask Pillow On? - metro5053 - 04-22-2015

Hi,
I have the same problem with the Resmed Airfit F10, the small silicon seal keeps coming of at the front inlet port, starts to leak during my sleep and wakes me up, the thing is to glue it would solve the problem. Although it could also create a toxic problem, unless the adhesive is not reactive and non-toxic,
Any ideas on what to use
Regards
Bob

RE: Anyone Glue The Pilairo Mask Pillow On? - Crimson Nape - 04-22-2015

The only adhesive that I know that will bond to silicone and other materials is a silicone adhesive. The problem is, while in the uncured state, the silicone adhesive has a very bad off gassing problem which is highly irritating to the human body. After applying it to your mask, you would have to wait at least 10 days before use.

This is just my opinion, but I think it would be definitely better to spring for a new mask rather than trying to repair your existing one.

RE: Anyone Glue The Pilairo Mask Pillow On? - player - 04-22-2015

I think a better solution is a high quality 2 sided tape. If done properly it will hold, be waterproof for cleaning, and removable without damaging anything. Since the glue or tape is not actually in the air path, no toxicity would be present.

RE: Anyone Glue The Pilairo Mask Pillow On? - Evpraxia - 10-01-2016

Thanks for this info!

I am on Facebook more than here (sorry) and one of the groups I am in is a FullTime RVer group. One of the group members mentioned that her husband has glued it so many times over 2 years that it is "more glue than mask"...I cringed!! Then promptly came here and searched; found good info, of course.

Thanks!

RE: Anyone Glue The Pilairo Mask Pillow On? - cant_sleep_in_nj - 10-12-2016

seriously doubt any two sided tape will stick to silicone

RE: Anyone Glue The Pilairo Mask Pillow On? - Sleeprider - 10-12-2016

What are you people doing to your masks that you feel a need to glue or tape them? Stop subjecting the mask parts to high levels of heat or harsh chemicals and this problem will never exist. Regular dish detergent or baby shampoo for general cleaning, rinsing, and if you feel the need, mild disinfection using medical or food-grade material is all you need. Boiling, washing in dishwashers, using chlorine, alcohol, ammonia and other, and hot heated drying has a predictable effect Cushions have an effective life span of 6-months and should not be too expensive to replace. Frames may last longer, but more than a year is stretching things. Replacement is a fact of life if you PAP.

RE: Anyone Glue The Pilairo Mask Pillow On? - PaulaO2 - 10-12-2016

(10-01-2016, 03:58 PM)Evpraxia Wrote: Thanks for this info!

I am on Facebook more than here (sorry) and one of the groups I am in is a FullTime RVer group. One of the group members mentioned that her husband has glued it so many times over 2 years that it is "more glue than mask"...I cringed!! Then promptly came here and searched; found good info, of course.

Thanks!

Good god. Why not just get another dang mask?!?! They're not that expensive, people. Seriously. I get mine by setting aside ten bucks or so a month from my disability check. In ten months, I get a new mask. I get the least expensive online and get the most expensive through Medicare locally. Or I get just the parts I need. Or I continue saving for whatever.

I'm glad you found good info here! Please share us with whoever you think would benefit. I'm glad we can help you.