Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Wanted: User Photos of Masks - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Wanted: User Photos of Masks (/Thread-Wanted-User-Photos-of-Masks)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Wanted: User Photos of Masks - PaulaO2 - 05-03-2012

ApneaBoard has a wiki that is slowly growing. Some pages are finished, others are still needing stuff.

One such stuff is photos of sleep apnea masks and chin straps. So, I am asking y'all to smile for the camera.

Yes, there's images already out there on the 'net that we can use but it's the same photos over and over. And we all know the models rip that thing off as soon as the photo shoot is done and pray to their deity they never have sleep apnea.

I am needing photos of masks. It can be a mask by itself or you wearing a mask.

Guidelines:
  • Keep it clean. If it is a photo you would not see an 8yr old seeing, don't post it. (frightening is different than un-clean Bigwink )
  • Keep it simple. Plain background if possible. Don't make a goofy face. (that means you, DC) If it is of the mask itself, please take the photo with the mask on a plain surface like a contrasting color sheet.
  • Keep it honest. These must be your own photos, not stealing from someone else.
  • You must know the full name of the mask. And, if applicable, the size of the mask or pillows. For example, I wear a Puritan-Bennett Breeze Sleepgear with medium pillows. If you do not know the full information, look it up on one of the dealers on the Suppliers List. If you do not know the size, that is fine. Just say "size unknown" if you do not know or "size N/A" if it is one size fits all.
  • If you do not want your face recognizable, let me know. I can blur or cut out parts. Or just take a photo of you mask by itself. No names will be used. Just the information on the mask. If you feel more comfortable, you may send me the image via Private Message.
  • Before you post your photo, scroll through the others and see if the mask has already been submitted. I don't need six photos of the Mirage Quattro. However, if there is something different about the photo, like if you have a beard or you are using a chin strap, feel free to upload it.

Uploading:

Please follow the directions for How to - Attachments. I will then copy the image and delete it from this thread. If your image goes missing later, that's why. I will not delete it from the server; the server will do that later.

I will post a list of those I have gotten.

To Recap:
  • Good photo (focused, plain background)
  • Must include manufacturer and name of mask.
  • If possible, include the size of the pillow or mask.
  • Let me know if you want your face unrecognizable.

Any questions?

Masks so far:

Philips Respironics Comfort Gel Nasal Mask
ResMed Mirage FX Nasal Mask
Resmed Mirage Liberty hybrid mask
Respironics Optilife
Respironics GoLife for Men
Resmed Mirage Quattro
Resmed Quattro FX
Resmed Swift LX

RE: Wanted: User Photos of Masks - cbramsey - 05-04-2012

You wanted pics. You got pics.

I am including 2 pictures of each mask so you can choose which one you want to use.

The first mask is the Philips Respironics Comfort Gel Nasal Mask.

(attachments removed. Thanks!)

By the way, this particular mask is size Small

RE: Wanted: User Photos of Masks - cbramsey - 05-04-2012

The second mask is the ResMed Mirage FX Nasal Mask.

This particular mask comes in two sizes for men, Standard and Wide. Per the ResMed website, the standard mask fits 90% of users.

RE: Wanted: User Photos of Masks - PaulaO2 - 05-04-2012

Thanks! And I lovedlovedloved that you named the attachments what they were!

RE: Wanted: User Photos of Masks - b360155 - 05-05-2012

Paula02:

Here's a quick shot I took with a smartphone. Is this too scary for viewing by children? If so, let me know and I can try taking some other shots. I've also got shots with a Resmed Mirage Quattro and Quattro FX.

Resmed Mirage Liberty hybrid mask - Size Large cushion, size medium nasal pillows, standard size headgear.

RE: Wanted: User Photos of Masks - PaulaO2 - 05-05-2012

Much thanks for the pics so far! You photogenic devils!

RE: Wanted: User Photos of Masks - PollCat - 05-05-2012

Your welcome, Paula! :grin:

RE: Wanted: User Photos of Masks - Schnauzers 5 - 05-05-2012

(05-03-2012, 09:34 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: ApneaBoard has a wiki that is slowly growing. Some pages are finished, others are still needing stuff.

One such stuff is photos of sleep apnea masks and chin straps. So, I am asking y'all to smile for the camera.

Yes, there's images already out there on the 'net that we can use but it's the same photos over and over. And we all know the models rip that thing off as soon as the photo shoot is done and pray to their deity they never have sleep apnea.

I am needing photos of masks. It can be a mask by itself or you wearing a mask.

Guidelines:
  • Keep it clean. If it is a photo you would not see an 8yr old seeing, don't post it. (frightening is different than un-clean Bigwink )
  • Keep it simple. Plain background if possible. Don't make a goofy face. (that means you, DC) If it is of the mask itself, please take the photo with the mask on a plain surface like a contrasting color sheet.
  • Keep it honest. These must be your own photos, not stealing from someone else.
  • You must know the full name of the mask. And, if applicable, the size of the mask or pillows. For example, I wear a Puritan-Bennett Breeze Sleepgear with medium pillows. If you do not know the full information, look it up on one of the dealers on the Suppliers List. If you do not know the size, that is fine. Just say "size unknown" if you do not know or "size N/A" if it is one size fits all.
  • If you do not want your face recognizable, let me know. I can blur or cut out parts. Or just take a photo of you mask by itself. No names will be used. Just the information on the mask. If you feel more comfortable, you may send me the image via Private Message.
  • Before you post your photo, scroll through the others and see if the mask has already been submitted. I don't need six photos of the Mirage Quattro. However, if there is something different about the photo, like if you have a beard or you are using a chin strap, feel free to upload it.

Uploading:

Please follow the directions for How to - Attachments. I will then copy the image and delete it from this thread. If your image goes missing later, that's why. I will not delete it from the server; the server will do that later.

I will post a list of those I have gotten.

To Recap:
  • Good photo (focused, plain background)
  • Must include manufacturer and name of mask.
  • If possible, include the size of the pillow or mask.
  • Let me know if you want your face unrecognizable.

Any questions?

Masks so far:

Philips Respironics Comfort Gel Nasal Mask
ResMed Mirage FX Nasal Mask
Resmed Mirage Liberty hybrid mask
Respironics Optilife
Respironics GoLife for Men

Confused.....where are these pics?

RE: Wanted: User Photos of Masks - PaulaO2 - 05-05-2012

On my computer. I took them off so they wouldn't burden the server. Later, I'll be uploading them to the Wiki. I have to do some stuff to them first.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=CPAP_mask#Mask_Types

RE: Wanted: User Photos of Masks - b360155 - 05-06-2012

You didn't say if you wanted them, but I don't see these on your list yet. I figured DC would have sent you a photo of the Mirage Quattro since he's raved about it so much. Maybe he's camera shy??? Anyways, here you go....

1st attachment - Resmed Mirage Quattro - Size Medium mask, cushion and headgear
2nd attachment - Resmed Quattro FX - Size Medium mask, cushion and headgear 5