Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Woke up with Cramps-Aerophagia - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Woke up with Cramps-Aerophagia (/Thread-Woke-up-with-Cramps-Aerophagia)

Woke up with Cramps-Aerophagia - trailrider - 04-24-2015

It was a decent night of sleep. I was dreaming, no hose tangle, no dogs wanting out. And then I woke up with a major cramp at 4:30am. "Darn," I thought, "I don't normally get ovulation cramps". I tried to go back to sleep, but the pain was quite sharp and piercing.

I thought of a teen I know who had just posed to FB and described menstrual cramps as a small dwarf sticking a knife in her guts. "Yep, that's it."

I got up to use the washroom. And then I started belching on the way. I woke the dogs, but thankfully not the husband. For the next 10 minutes, I continued this unladylike behavior. Then I remembered someone's post here about aerophagia.

So, yeah, I finally got it. And boy was it uncomfortable. On the plus side I got to see night turn into day. Nevermind, I'm going back to bed. Maybe I'll turn down my pressure by.2 or something tonight.

RE: Woke up with Cramps-Aerophagia - JVinNE - 04-24-2015

I get both dry mouth, and aerophagia. I empathize. :hug:

RE: Woke up with Cramps-Aerophagia - trish6hundred - 04-24-2015

Hi trailrider,
Before you re-adjust your pressure, you might raise your head a bit with an extra pillow, see if that will help you; another thing you can try is to raise the head of your bed some.
Good luck to you, I know that must have been uncomfortable.

RE: Woke up with Cramps-Aerophagia - trailrider - 04-24-2015

Asides from knowing I can get sympathy here (*sharp look at dear husband), I wanted to mention this so others would be able to look it up later and realize "Aha, so that's what it was..."

It was interesting to me that it occurred in the deepest REM/dreams I've had in awhile.

RE: Woke up with Cramps-Aerophagia - worn_out_in_lebanon - 04-24-2015

Glad you shared. Sorry you were feeling so rough. And now I have this mental image of you belching away... Smile And dwarves. With knives. Ouch.

RE: Woke up with Cramps-Aerophagia - truetopath - 04-25-2015

Don't...eat...the...air!! But in all seriousness, I'm sorry you had that awful wake up call. Since, I'm sure your husband like most other husbands, and likes to occasionally "Dutch oven" you, I would have woke him with an earth shaking belch, but that's just me Smile hopefully, this is a one time thing for you.

RE: Woke up with Cramps-Aerophagia - trailrider - 04-25-2015

Truetopath, I read your line in the voice of Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh when he was stuck in the hunny tree. "Don't (smack) feed (smack) the (smack) bear!" as he pounds in the sign.

"Don't (smack upside the head) eat (ditto) the (ditto) air!" with a look of exasperation.
I'll try to remember that!

RE: Woke up with Cramps-Aerophagia - truetopath - 04-25-2015

(04-25-2015, 01:32 PM)trailrider Wrote: Truetopath, I head your line in the voice of Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh whenhe was stuck in the hunny tree. "Don't (smack) feed (smack) the (smack) bear!" as he pounds in the sign.

"Don't (smack upside the head) eat (ditto) the (ditto) air!" with a look of exasperation.
I'll try to remember that!

DielaughingDielaughingDielaughing