Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Transcend EZEX and nasal pillows - any experiences? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Transcend EZEX and nasal pillows - any experiences? (/Thread-Transcend-EZEX-and-nasal-pillows-any-experiences)

Transcend EZEX and nasal pillows - any experiences? - BadGoodDeb - 04-25-2015

Does any body have experience using a Transcend II EZEX with nasal pillows? I've read about noise being heard in the nasal mask, and I'm wondering about experiences with pillows. Also, whether pillows require a different setting than your home unit, to avoid the pillows being blown off your face! Or anything awkward like that. Wink

I'm lusting after a travel CPAP unit, with several trips coming up.

Thinking-about
bgDeb

RE: Transcend EZEX and nasal pillows - any experiences? - trish6hundred - 04-26-2015

Hi BadGoodDeb,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't have any experience with the Transcend machine. AS far as different settings for pillows versis other masks, yes there are different settings and you want to select the mask setting for nasal pillows.
Hang in there for suggestions and answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: Transcend EZEX and nasal pillows - any experiences? - truetopath - 04-26-2015

That's a great question. I don't know the answer, but I'm interested in what it is.

RE: Transcend EZEX and nasal pillows - any experiences? - Eleong2 - 04-26-2015

(04-25-2015, 11:52 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: Does any body have experience using a Transcend II EZEX with nasal pillows? I've read about noise being heard in the nasal mask, and I'm wondering about experiences with pillows. Also, whether pillows require a different setting than your home unit, to avoid the pillows being blown off your face! Or anything awkward like that. Wink

Thinking-about
bgDeb

I currently have the Transcend EZEX for travel and I use a nasal mask and have no experience with a pillow. But I can confirm there is noise due to the air flow to the mask. I can't tell you if that is the case for a nasal pillow. You can cut down some of that noise using a plug in viral filter. I built a little muffler for my Transcend and it's as quiet my PRS1 at my face now. I really like this unit, especially the battery option. It seems this is a common problem with these little units. The Z1 you read about having a similar issue.
I did a review of the Transcend EZEX, there is a picture of my muffler.

RE: Transcend EZEX and nasal pillows - any experiences? - Darth Badger - 07-12-2015

I've been using the Transcend auto full time (home and lots of travel) since January. I have the minimalist nasal pillow attachment (I forget the brand). It works great. There is some noise, but its not awful. I dont use humidification and havent needed it.

(04-26-2015, 03:48 PM)Eleong2 Wrote:
(04-25-2015, 11:52 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: Does any body have experience using a Transcend II EZEX with nasal pillows? I've read about noise being heard in the nasal mask, and I'm wondering about experiences with pillows. Also, whether pillows require a different setting than your home unit, to avoid the pillows being blown off your face! Or anything awkward like that. Wink

Thinking-about
bgDeb

I currently have the Transcend EZEX for travel and I use a nasal mask and have no experience with a pillow. But I can confirm there is noise due to the air flow to the mask. I can't tell you if that is the case for a nasal pillow. You can cut down some of that noise using a plug in viral filter. I built a little muffler for my Transcend and it's as quiet my PRS1 at my face now. I really like this unit, especially the battery option. It seems this is a common problem with these little units. The Z1 you read about having a similar issue.
I did a review of the Transcend EZEX, there is a picture of my muffler.

RE: Transcend EZEX and nasal pillows - any experiences? - BadGoodDeb - 07-13-2015

Good to know! I don't use humidifying either. For the moment, I've decided my few trips don't warrant paying extra for a travel unit. I'll just pack up my home unit, and beg & plead with the insurance if something happens to it. Most of my travel involves a car, so I can't justify buying a CPAP out of pocket. But it's good to have some more data about these cool looking newer units!