Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Should I try a new FFM? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Should I try a new FFM? (/Thread-Should-I-try-a-new-FFM)

Pages: 1 2 3

Should I try a new FFM? - JVinNE - 04-27-2015

I wake up with lines on my face, from my mask digging in, but if I loosen it, air leaks from the top into my eyes. I like this mask better than the F10 I had before it.

I don't know what to do.

RE: Should I try a new FFM? - truetopath - 04-27-2015

I noticed with the ffm' and nasal masks I would always end up with lines. Unfortunately I think it's just a part of therapy.

RE: Should I try a new FFM? - JVinNE - 04-27-2015

I'm wondering if anyone here has used that cloth FFM mask, and if it was very leaky? It seems to be a heck of a lot softer than a plastic mask. I want to get some opinions on it before I shell out the $, off of insurance, for it, to try it.

RE: Should I try a new FFM? - JVinNE - 04-27-2015

I should have picked AeroQueen as a screen name, because wow, it's intensely loud. Oh-jeez

RE: Should I try a new FFM? - PaytonA - 04-27-2015

There are strap pads available that will reduce or eliminate the strap marks. I use a padacheek strap pad that I like a lot. I also find it more comfortable.

I also have not gotten strap marks with my Mirage Quattro even without the pads.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

RE: Should I try a new FFM? - PaulaO2 - 04-27-2015

I had to do this with a pillows mask I had.

Start from the beginning. Loosen all the straps. Then sit down and watch a video on how to adjust it. Watch two if one is not enough. Fit the mask to you and hook it up to your machine. If the A10s have a mask fit feature, use it to test out the fit. Mess around with it while you are awake and able to get the fitting right. Even lay down and roll around a bit, trying to knock it loose (FFMs don't take much!).

What happens is we sometimes focus on just one set of straps and forget the rest. Or we mess with all of them and get it all out of whack from where it is supposed to be.

After that, you may need a smaller size. In all the other masks I had tried, I needed the medium. But with the Simplus, the small fits me better.

RE: Should I try a new FFM? - JVinNE - 04-28-2015

The marks aren't from the straps, they are from the mask itself; the cushion digs in.

RE: Should I try a new FFM? - TravitoDLM - 04-28-2015

One of the vendors on the suppliers list was touting these liner type pads that's supposed to go between the mask and your face. You're able to wear skin cream and stuff (in fact, it's encouraged to help it stay in place) and apparently you don't have to clean the mask as often. People said it was fairly soft and seemed to help with leaks... only problem is a 30 day supply is like $24 and I doubt insurance would cover an accessory like that.

RE: Should I try a new FFM? - JVinNE - 04-28-2015

(04-28-2015, 08:35 AM)TravitoDLM Wrote: One of the vendors on the suppliers list was touting these liner type pads that's supposed to go between the mask and your face. You're able to wear skin cream and stuff (in fact, it's encouraged to help it stay in place) and apparently you don't have to clean the mask as often. People said it was fairly soft and seemed to help with leaks... only problem is a 30 day supply is like $24 and I doubt insurance would cover an accessory like that.

I tried them, but they made me itch. I might try making my own version of one.

RE: Should I try a new FFM? - truetopath - 04-28-2015

If the lines are from the cushion itself and not the straps I would definitely say the mask is too tight. Does the simplus cushion inflate to help create the seal? I'm not too familiar with it.