Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
P10 Pillows wearing out? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: P10 Pillows wearing out? (/Thread-P10-Pillows-wearing-out)

Pages: 1 2 3

P10 Pillows wearing out? - trailrider - 04-27-2015

The last few nights my P10 pillows seem to be fitting less well. I'm getting a lot of leaks and slippage. Is this common with the silicone pillows?

They are about 5 weeks old. I thought I would get more wear out of them.

RE: P10 Pillows wearing out? - Crimson Nape - 04-27-2015

Mine are going strong after 6 months. Have you washed them lately?

RE: P10 Pillows wearing out? - trailrider - 04-27-2015

I give them a rinse. Will do a thorough cleaning then.

RE: P10 Pillows wearing out? - DariaVader - 04-27-2015

I need to replace mine more often than sgearhart - they get "flappy" inside the nostril and seal badly at between 2 weeks and 1 mo of use. I get a new one once a mo, and toss any flappers. I currently have 3 xs and 3 sm that I am cycling between.\

and i wash them after each use....

RE: P10 Pillows wearing out? - retired_guy - 04-27-2015

It can also be your headgear is a little looser now than it was. You can wash it in really really hot water --- but not boiling --- and it will shrink back down to comfy, although not sloppily so, size.

RE: P10 Pillows wearing out? - OpalRose - 04-27-2015

Yep, wash mine everyday, but as DV said, they get soft. I can always tell, because they start to tickle the inside of my nose, and won't seal.

I replace mine between 4 and 6 weeks at the longest.

RE: P10 Pillows wearing out? - AshSF - 04-28-2015

My P-10 pillows and mask is still going strong after 100 days. I wash the pillows daily with foaming hand soap and the tube assembly every other day and headgear every Sunday.

And I wear the p10 quite loose. I can feel the pillows inflate when my pressure hits.

RE: P10 Pillows wearing out? - Crimson Nape - 04-28-2015

I wash my P10 every week or two using Dawn detergent. I then rinse them thoroughly and dry them with a soft towel and some Q-Tips. The head gear gets the same wash job and, after a rinse, gets put flat in the microwave and nuked for about 45 seconds. . . medium rare.

RE: P10 Pillows wearing out? - DariaVader - 04-28-2015

(04-28-2015, 12:35 PM)sgearhart Wrote: I wash my P10 every week or two using Dawn detergent. I then rinse them thoroughly and dry them with a soft towel and some Q-Tips. The head gear gets the same wash job and, after a rinse, gets put flat in the microwave and nuked for about 45 seconds. . . medium rare.

you only wash the pillows once a week? my nose gets sore if i don't wash everyday - washing is better than wipes too... admittedly, my immune system is not up to snuff (so to speak Bigwink )

RE: P10 Pillows wearing out? - truetopath - 04-28-2015

I wash my pillows everyday, and they're holding up well so far.