Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
One more thing for me to try not to forget - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: One more thing for me to try not to forget (/Thread-One-more-thing-for-me-to-try-not-to-forget)

One more thing for me to try not to forget - PaytonA - 04-27-2015

Yesterday, I cleaned my water tank and left it out to air dry. Normally when I have the tank out of the humidifier for a short time, I leave the cover open. Yesterday I closed it because it was going to be a while. You can probably see where this is going. This morning I woke up with my nasal passages stinging with each breath but no dry mouth. I got up and opened the humidifier to find out if the tank had gone dry and......no tank!!! It was sitting on the kitchen counter all filled and ready to go. Huhsign Oh-jeez Huh

Makes me wonder if I could do okay without the humidifier entirely??

Best Regards,

PaytonA

RE: One more thing for me to try not to forget - AlanE - 04-27-2015

I could only guess since I'm not you but for me, no. You said your nasal passages were stinging, there probably is your answer. You'd usually get a dry mouth if you breath through your mouth (or some other medical reason). I couldn't do that with the A10. The A10 won't give me air without the tank in place (or the cover that replaces the tank). It would just jet out the side.

RE: One more thing for me to try not to forget - trish6hundred - 04-27-2015

Hi PaytonA,
The "things to do before bedtime list" seems to grow longer and longer, doesn't it, (Ha-Ha?) I know it does for me.
I'm not able to do without humidity for more than a couple days.
Better luck remembering your full water chamber tonight.

RE: One more thing for me to try not to forget - Mark Douglas - 04-27-2015

Knee board and a pre-sleep check list?

RE: One more thing for me to try not to forget - retired_guy - 04-27-2015

(04-27-2015, 07:33 PM)PaytonA Wrote: This morning I woke up with my nasal passages stinging with each breath but no dry mouth. I got up and opened the humidifier to find out if the tank had gone dry and......no tank!!............

Makes me wonder if I could do okay without the humidifier entirely??

Ummm, maybe not.

Hey Payton? Remember to put the tank back in....

RE: One more thing for me to try not to forget - retired_guy - 04-27-2015

(04-27-2015, 08:26 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: Knee board and a pre-sleep check list?

I have a pre-sleep check list. It is "Now I lay me down to sleep."

Check.

End of List.

RE: One more thing for me to try not to forget - Mark Douglas - 04-27-2015

(04-27-2015, 09:38 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(04-27-2015, 08:26 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: Knee board and a pre-sleep check list?

I have a pre-sleep check list. It is "Now I lay me down to sleep."

Check.

End of List.

"A bag of peanuts at my feet"

RE: One more thing for me to try not to forget - truetopath - 04-28-2015

If the humidifier makes things more comfortable I would stick with it. I keep the gallon of distilled water on my dresser so that I'm already by my machine, well at least in the same room, when I fill it.