Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New BiPap machine - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New BiPap machine (/Thread-New-BiPap-machine)

Pages: 1 2

New BiPap machine - brianwood619 - 04-28-2015

Well as stated from last week I had my new titration study done last night and with the new BiPap I have new pressures. Went home with new machine this morning. I must say a lot of the others were right, that is definitely different breathing as compared to the cpap. But I took to it well, albeit it took me about 45 minutes to fall asleep with this new breathing patten going on, but I slept all night and let the technicians do their thing. We'll see how all this goes but so far so good

RE: New BiPap machine - trish6hundred - 04-28-2015

Hi brianwood619,
Great to hear that your titration went well, CONGRATULATIONS! on the new S9VPAP Auto.
Much success to you in getting used to your new machine.

RE: New BiPap machine - trailrider - 04-28-2015

Congrats! Hang in there and tell the rest of us how it goes. Some forum folks may also be eventually on that, so sharing your experience is helpful to the rest of us too!

RE: New BiPap machine - truetopath - 04-28-2015

Congrats! Glad it went well for you.

RE: New BiPap machine - Sleeprider - 04-28-2015

What pressure settings did they recommend? I presume you got a range of pressure and a pressure support (IPAP/EPAP differential).

RE: New BiPap machine - brianwood619 - 04-29-2015

I got into the clinician menu for the first time tonight and all I know is I have no idea what all these settings are until I read up on it, but here's what it's set for now.

Mode: VAuto
Max Ipap: 25.0
Min Epap: 8.0
PS: 9.0
Ti Max: 2.4
Ti Min: 0.3
Trigger: Med
Cycle: Medium

I know this thing has more settings on it than my straight cpap did so I definitely need to put my nose in he books and make sense out of all of it. Wife did say last night I did not snore so evidently this is what I needed.

RE: New BiPap machine - Mark Douglas - 04-29-2015

Bilevel cpap is touted to increase compliance. If that be the case why wouldn't every cpap user want one? This concept is what prompted me to acquire such a machine out of the gate. If I find it causes complications due to markedly improved respiration it can be dumbed down until my body adjusts.

I will be looking forward to following in your wake.

Edited cause I slept really poorly and can't think yet this AM.

RE: New BiPap machine - brianwood619 - 04-29-2015

I think the main reason i took to it quickly was where I've been sleeping with a mask on every night for the last four years. Monday night during my titration study it was a bit weird to get used to with the vast difference between inspiration and expiration but all my vital signs were great throughout the night, and they said I spent even more time in rem sleep than I did with just straight cpap.

RE: New BiPap machine - Mark Douglas - 04-29-2015

That is really encouraging.
If I dream at all I rarely remember

RE: New BiPap machine - Sleeprider - 04-29-2015

(04-29-2015, 01:52 AM)brianwood619 Wrote: I got into the clinician menu for the first time tonight and all I know is I have no idea what all these settings are until I read up on it, but here's what it's set for now.

Mode: VAuto
Max Ipap: 25.0
Min Epap: 8.0
PS: 9.0
Ti Max: 2.4
Ti Min: 0.3
Trigger: Med
Cycle: Medium

I know this thing has more settings on it than my straight cpap did so I definitely need to put my nose in he books and make sense out of all of it. Wife did say last night I did not snore so evidently this is what I needed.

You are setup with an exhale pressure of 8.0 and IPAP of 17.0...pretty impressive pressure support. The machine is setup to automatically increase pressure if needed all the way to 14/25 (PS is constant at 9.0).

The VPAP auto always maintains the same pressure support unlike the PRS1 760 which can vary both EPAP and IPAP within a range of pressure support. You don't want to mess with those timing numbers. Good luck, keep us posted how that works out.