Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Paperwork Required for Ordering CPAP Supplies - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Paperwork Required for Ordering CPAP Supplies (/Thread-Paperwork-Required-for-Ordering-CPAP-Supplies)

Pages: 1 2

Paperwork Required for Ordering CPAP Supplies - Bubster - 04-28-2015

Greetings,

I ordered a new heated climate line hose and a 12V DC plug for my 50 Series from Supplier #1. They said they needed my prescription.

I have a copy of my sleep study and orders from the Dr that I got during my follow-up with him. The orders state they are digitally signed by the Dr. I scanned and emailed to them.

When I called Supplier#1, they said that they need a prescription that is signed by a physician.

What the heck am I supposed to send them? That's all I got.
Thanks,

RE: Paperwork Required for Ordering CPAP Supplies - Crimson Nape - 04-28-2015

Are you trying to have your insurance pay for these items? What you have listed, to the best of knowledge, doesn't require any prescription. Try a few others on the list and see if you meet with same result.

Please post your results.

RE: Paperwork Required for Ordering CPAP Supplies - justMongo - 04-28-2015

I don't think those items are Rx only either. Try another supplier.

RE: Paperwork Required for Ordering CPAP Supplies - OpalRose - 04-28-2015

I don't believe those items require a perscription. Only a machine and masks require a perscription as far as I know, but you should have a copy of your perscription either way.
The doctor who prescribed your CPAP and the DME or your supplier can give you a copy. Ask for it, they have to give it to you.

RE: Paperwork Required for Ordering CPAP Supplies - truetopath - 04-28-2015

I've never needed a script for any hoses I've bought. I'd check a different supplier.

RE: Paperwork Required for Ordering CPAP Supplies - PollCat - 04-29-2015

I think this is a case of the DME trying to CTA in the event of an audit/inspection. If they have a copy of your script then everything you order will be legit - if/when Uncle Sam looks at it.

RE: Paperwork Required for Ordering CPAP Supplies - PaulaO2 - 04-29-2015

I think it is a case of they ask for it for everything because they are automated. Or they get some sort of kickback from someone for each prescription.

Either try again and see if you get some logic or switch to another supplier.

I dislike that one anyway. I haven't had good experiences the two times I ordered something. I've had a much better experience with #26.

RE: Paperwork Required for Ordering CPAP Supplies - Bubster - 04-29-2015

(04-29-2015, 09:36 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I think it is a case of they ask for it for everything because they are automated. Or they get some sort of kickback from someone for each prescription.

I dislike that one anyway. I haven't had good experiences the two times I ordered something. I've had a much better experience with #26.

I cancelled the order and ordered from Supplier #26.
No problem, smooth ordering.
Thanks!

RE: Paperwork Required for Ordering CPAP Supplies - Arend - 04-29-2015

(04-29-2015, 09:53 PM)Bubster Wrote:
(04-29-2015, 09:36 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I think it is a case of they ask for it for everything because they are automated. Or they get some sort of kickback from someone for each prescription.

I cancelled the order and ordered from Supplier #26.
No problem, smooth ordering.
Thanks!

I got my machine and mask from #1 and their service was excellent. For the prescription, I just downloaded the standard prescription form from their website, got my regular doctor to stamp and sign it, and emailed it back. They said they keep the prescriptions on file so you only need to do it once. Any medical doctor can sign the prescription.

RE: Paperwork Required for Ordering CPAP Supplies - big_dave - 04-30-2015

I had to submit my prescription when I ordered a Hybernite heated hose (with power brick) from Patient Sleep Supplies because it's considered a humidification system. However, they don't require a prescription for a replacement hose without the power brick. Weird.