Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
May 1st, cleaning time! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: May 1st, cleaning time! (/Thread-May-1st-cleaning-time)

Pages: 1 2 3

May 1st, cleaning time! - retired_guy - 05-01-2015

Yep, May 1st. A great time to schedule cleaning events. So I scrubbed up my mask, my pillows thingy, my air hose, my humidifier bucket... Everything.

In my opinion a guy ought to take time out to clean his stuff frequently. At least once a quarter....

So I'm all set now.

Hmm.. Maybe I should change the filter? Nah, that would be overkill.

RE: May 1st, cleaning time! - DariaVader - 05-01-2015

besides, cat hair makes a great filter....

RE: May 1st, cleaning time! - geebee - 05-01-2015

Hello everyone just thought I would check in. I got my new Resmed Airsense this week I had a Respironics for 1 month trial but after all the research I decided to go with Resmed. I have an Eson nose mask I like it very much I, have never slept better. The second Night I used my new resmed I felt like I was struggling for breath, I though oh no "the machine isn't working". After playing with the settings I realized that I had pulled my mask so tight that it was squishing my nose closed. Needless to say that after a minor adjustment it again felt fantastic. lol. Thanks for reading breath good everyone. Gary

RE: May 1st, cleaning time! - DeepBreathing - 05-02-2015

Welcome Gary. Good luck with the new machine.

RE: May 1st, cleaning time! - trish6hundred - 05-02-2015

(05-01-2015, 11:09 PM)geebee Wrote: Hello everyone just thought I would check in. I got my new Resmed Airsense this week I had a Respironics for 1 month trial but after all the research I decided to go with Resmed. I have an Eson nose mask I like it very much I, have never slept better. The second Night I used my new resmed I felt like I was struggling for breath, I though oh no "the machine isn't working". After playing with the settings I realized that I had pulled my mask so tight that it was squishing my nose closed. Needless to say that after a minor adjustment it again felt fantastic. lol. Thanks for reading breath good everyone. Gary
Hi geebee,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear that you found a good adjustment for your mask to make it work well for you.
Good luck with your new machine and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: May 1st, cleaning time! - trish6hundred - 05-02-2015

Hi retired_guy,
Thanks for the reminder, I'm about due to change my filter. I look at it this way, when I'm not sure when I changed my last one, it's time to change it, (Ha-Ha.)

RE: May 1st, cleaning time! - PollCat - 05-02-2015

I endeavour to wash my equipment every week. And about once a month I'll compare the color of the current filter with a new one and if the old one is significantly darker, I'll replace it.

What I'm really bad at is replacing the pillows on a regular basis; usually I'll wait for them to turn yellow and get slightly stiff. Whistle

RE: May 1st, cleaning time! - OpalRose - 05-02-2015

Thanks retired_guy for reminding me. I may even wipe down the outside of my machine.
While I'm at it, I'll change my bed sheets...oh what the heck, I may as well clean out the closet too.
Bouncy

RE: May 1st, cleaning time! - lab rat - 05-02-2015

I always wondered whether my "never wash anything" rule was a bit strict until I got bad rainout in my tube and mask last week.

Changed both for the reserve units and hung them in my bedroom to dry.

1 week later they are not dry. Lesson learnt. NEVER WASH TUBING EVER.

RE: May 1st, cleaning time! - OMyMyOHellYes - 05-02-2015

Does this mean I have to wash my socks?