Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Health] When did you start feeling the benefits? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Health] When did you start feeling the benefits? (/Thread-Health-When-did-you-start-feeling-the-benefits)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

When did you start feeling the benefits? - catalina - 05-06-2015

First of all thank you all!

I uped the pressure on my machine yesterday and slept so well! I am amazed that I could sleep well two nights in a row.

Now I am wondering, when did you start feeling the benefits of using the CPAP??

RE: When did you start feeling the benefits? - retired_guy - 05-06-2015

....... you already did, Cat---

Good job on sleeping so well!

RE: When did you start feeling the benefits? - trish6hundred - 05-06-2015

Hi catalina,
It's great to hear that you slept so well for the last couple nights and that raising your pressure a bit has helped.
I noticed improvements right away, but for others, it takes quite a while.
Good job, keep up the good work.

RE: When did you start feeling the benefits? - Mark Douglas - 05-06-2015

(05-06-2015, 11:44 AM)catalina Wrote: First of all thank you all!

I uped the pressure on my machine yesterday and slept so well! I am amazed that I could sleep well two nights in a row.

Now I am wondering, when did you start feeling the benefits of using the CPAP??

Very first night
:grin:

RE: When did you start feeling the benefits? - player - 05-06-2015

Still waiting...

RE: When did you start feeling the benefits? - Mr. Van Winkle - 05-06-2015

Right away, I have not woken up chocking since I started , and I do feel more rested every morning.
Wished I would have started 10 yrs ago!

Sleep-well

RE: When did you start feeling the benefits? - zonk - 05-06-2015

Everyone is different, not unusual to feel great straight away since one been sick for a long time
But might take a bit of time, patience, and tinkering to sort everything out, finding the right mask is a good start

RE: When did you start feeling the benefits? - TyroneShoes - 05-06-2015

I started feeling the benefits the day I knew insurance would pay for every penny.

As far as "feeling better", I never felt bad in the first place, so I am not expecting to feel any better.

But I eventually stopped nodding off in meetings and while watching TV, and while my car was pointed at bridge abutments. I also started thinking a lot clearer, and not like someone who got 3 hours of sleep every night. I also feel like my IQ went up about 35 points (it doubled!).

One thing that happened immediately, starting on the first night, was instant disappearance of nocturia, which I had had every single night for 5 years. This actually caused a small problem: now I would wake up and not want to get out of bed, which is quite different from needing to get out of bed because my back teeth were floating every 3 hours. For a time I thought I might be a little depressed because I didn't want to get out of bed, but its because I no longer had an urgency to, and was not compelled to, which means I could make a decision whether I wanted to or not.

I am also convinced that there are other countless benefits that I don't even see.

RE: When did you start feeling the benefits? - OpalRose - 05-06-2015

I noticed the very first day! Woke up and was amazed at how awake I felt. Then I thought...wow...
I didn't get up last night to use the bathroom. Prior to CPAP, I was up every other hour.
It's been 6 months, and I still feel pretty good. But to be honest, you will have your good days and not so good days. It takes time to get your pressure right, and most of us do battle with our masks untill we find the right fit. Hang in there, it only gets better!

RE: When did you start feeling the benefits? - DariaVader - 05-06-2015

I woke without my usual headache and with far less body aches from the first day. I got rid of nocturia from the first day. These things have helped me get through some of the challenges such as puffy eyes, stuffy ears, mask issues, dislike of another cleaning/maintenance job... they all pale next to the immediate benefits.

I have been on since Nov 8 2014, so about 6mo now, and I am finally feeling less tired during the day. I notice that my dreaming patterns are still changing. I am starting to feel clearer mentally, but not all the time Big Grin Looking forward to more benefits.