Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
In "Easyspeak" which oximeter should I get - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: In "Easyspeak" which oximeter should I get (/Thread-In-Easyspeak-which-oximeter-should-I-get)

Pages: 1 2

In "Easyspeak" which oximeter should I get - nimporte - 05-09-2015

I have been reading every post on Oximeters and can not make up my mind on which to purchase. Sounds like the CMS50F is the most popular, but battery is a problem? The oximeter that goes on the finger with nothing on the wrist comes off easily? I am obviously confused and after a month of not coming to a decision, I am seeking advice. Or, maybe just tell me what to buy as I am indecisive.

I would like something that I can easily use with my ResMed CPAP.

Thanks for your help.

RE: In "Easyspeak" which oximeter should I get - retired_guy - 05-09-2015

I'm hoping the CMS-50F is the right and perfect option, because I have one coming in today's mail. For the price, the software, the interface possibilities it does seem to me to be the best way to go. I don't plan on using it all the time. Just occasionally to see what is going on.

RE: In "Easyspeak" which oximeter should I get - trish6hundred - 05-09-2015

Hi nimporte,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: In "Easyspeak" which oximeter should I get - WakeUpTime - 05-09-2015

(05-09-2015, 11:17 AM)retired_guy Wrote: I'm hoping the CMS-50F is the right and perfect option, because I have one coming in today's mail. For the price, the software, the interface possibilities it does seem to me to be the best way to go. I don't plan on using it all the time. Just occasionally to see what is going on.

Mine's arriving too on Monday!

RE: In "Easyspeak" which oximeter should I get - PaulaO2 - 05-09-2015

I got the 50D Plus because it was cheap. But if I ever get around to it, I will get a wrist version. The finger only version hurts, falls off easily, and is too reliant on the spring mechanism to get an accurate reading.

If you are only going to be using it occasionally and want it for general idea of what might be going on, get a finger one purely because of cost. Why get the bells and whistles if you aren't going to use or need them? But if you want to use it more often and want fairly accurate information, then go with the wrist one.

RE: In "Easyspeak" which oximeter should I get - storywizard - 05-10-2015

I initially bought the CMS50D+...horrible thing, hurts the finger, but does work..
Then I upgraded to the CMS50F...ahhh, almost perfect...seems to be accurate, and the battery still works...easy upload to Sleepyhead...
Anyone want a 50D+...cheap, lol...

Storywizard

RE: In "Easyspeak" which oximeter should I get - krelvin - 05-10-2015

(05-09-2015, 11:13 AM)nimporte Wrote: Sounds like the CMS50F is the most popular, but battery is a problem?
Rechargeable Batteries is the answer for lots of things like that. Computer Mice, NC head phones etc...

Quote:The oximeter that goes on the finger with nothing on the wrist comes off easily?
Well, they are harder to use. Some people tape them on. If not, when you move at night the sensing may be interrupted and you will get spikes. The wrist type are a bit easier to deal with since they stay on better and are not as bulky on the finger.

RE: In "Easyspeak" which oximeter should I get - kdmorris410 - 05-11-2015

(05-10-2015, 10:13 PM)storywizard Wrote: I initially bought the CMS50D+...horrible thing, hurts the finger, but does work..
Then I upgraded to the CMS50F...ahhh, almost perfect...seems to be accurate, and the battery still works...easy upload to Sleepyhead...
Anyone want a 50D+...cheap, lol...

Storywizard

Same here... I love the CMS50F. It plugs in to recharge during the day, so I've had no problems with the battery. I have the "blue" version... I understand there are two different types of CMS50F. Mine doesn't download directly to SleepyHead, but it's easy to get the results to my computer and then pull them into SH that way.

RE: In "Easyspeak" which oximeter should I get - retired_guy - 05-11-2015

I used my CMS50F for the first time last night. I thought it might be a nuisance to get used to, and for about 5 minutes it was. Then I went to sleep and all was fine. I installed the USB drivers and software that I had downloaded from Supplier #19's website, and imported the data into Sleepyhead. That went well, so now I'll go review the results for awhile and see what I can learn.

Supplier #19 did a great job getting the thing to me quickly, and his email describing what I needed to do was very helpful. Very pleasant experience so far.

I figure I'll use this once in a while, but not every night. It's enough drama at bedtime putting on the mask and laying down. Wouldn't want to make a steady diet of doing much else.

RE: In "Easyspeak" which oximeter should I get - trailrider - 05-11-2015

I bought the CMS50D+ 2 weeks ago. Simple, but you might want to read the instructions. It comes with a mini-CD of the programs to read it, if you don't want to view through sleepyhead. The hardest part I found was trying to remember my start date and time when uploading, because I got busy and forgot about it for a few days.

Officially it is for me, but I will show it off to my parents for them to play with and check my father for overnight O2 desats. Nice simple gadget. It is a tool, not a solution.