Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResMed H5i v. ClimateLine Heated Tube - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResMed H5i v. ClimateLine Heated Tube (/Thread-ResMed-H5i-v-ClimateLine-Heated-Tube)

Pages: 1 2 3

ResMed H5i v. ClimateLine Heated Tube - kingskid - 05-13-2015

Hi, can anyone tell me if there is an advantage of the ClimateLine tube over the H5i humidifier system? From the research I've done so far, it looks like you can adjust the ClimateLine tube on the tube itself but the H5i has to be adjusted by the machine. Don't know if there are any other differences. I will be looking for a CPAP that uses the least amount of electricity since our entire 110AC home goes from solar to inverter-battery power at night so I want to keep the amps down, but would like warm humidification, also. Any info/advice will be greatly appreciated as I make voluminous notes prior to choosing a machine. (Sleep study results not received yet and titration is scheduled in about 3 weeks.)Oh-jeez

RE: ResMed H5i v. ClimateLine Heated Tube - wildboar - 05-13-2015

With the ClimateLine you just set the machine to "Auto" on the climate control and it handles the humidity levels. You still adjust the temp to what you want. Totally worth it.

RE: ResMed H5i v. ClimateLine Heated Tube - kingskid - 05-13-2015

Okay. Thanks. Don't know if it is the same procedure with the H5i or not though.

RE: ResMed H5i v. ClimateLine Heated Tube - DariaVader - 05-13-2015

(05-13-2015, 03:19 PM)kingskid Wrote: Hi, can anyone tell me if there is an advantage of the ClimateLine tube over the H5i humidifier system? From the research I've done so far, it looks like you can adjust the ClimateLine tube on the tube itself but the H5i has to be adjusted by the machine. Don't know if there are any other differences. I will be looking for a CPAP that uses the least amount of electricity since our entire 110AC home goes from solar to inverter-battery power at night so I want to keep the amps down, but would like warm humidification, also. Any info/advice will be greatly appreciated as I make voluminous notes prior to choosing a machine. (Sleep study results not received yet and titration is scheduled in about 3 weeks.)Oh-jeez

the climate line tube attaches to the H5i. They are separate parts of the same system and IMO you need both of them to be a happy papper Bigwink

RE: ResMed H5i v. ClimateLine Heated Tube - Crimson Nape - 05-13-2015

With the H5i alone, you set the humidity level of the air that you breathe through the machine, which can cause "rainout" in the hose. Using the ClimateLine, by default, on auto will maintain an 80% humidity level and allows you to control the air temperature passing through the hose, reducing the potential for "rainout". You also have the option to set the ClimateLine to "Manual" and this allows you to control not only the temperature but also control the humidity level. Adding a ClimateLine to the H5i will increase your amp draw.

Okay, I understand now. Thanks to all for the feedback!

RE: ResMed H5i v. ClimateLine Heated Tube - wildboar - 05-13-2015

(05-13-2015, 03:26 PM)kingskid Wrote: Okay. Thanks. Don't know if it is the same procedure with the H5i or not though.

Oh I see what you mean now, I thought you were asking about the regular hose vs ClimateLine hose and what the difference was when making setting changes to humidity/temp when attached to the H5i humidifier.

You will want the humidifier unless you live somewhere with a lot of humidity year round.

Remember,
making this machine and mask as comfortable and friendly to your sleep is the main priority regardless of the power draw.

(05-13-2015, 03:39 PM)wildboar Wrote:
(05-13-2015, 03:26 PM)kingskid Wrote: Okay. Thanks. Don't know if it is the same procedure with the H5i or not though.

Oh I see what you mean now, I thought you were asking about the regular hose vs ClimateLine hose and what the difference was when making setting changes to humidity/temp when attached to the H5i humidifier.

You will want the humidifier unless you live somewhere with a lot of humidity year round.

Remember,
making this machine and mask as comfortable and friendly to your sleep is the main priority regardless of the power draw.

I think the H5i also has a heated hose, but the ClimateLine heated hose has its controls, I think, right on the hose itself. If I am understanding all this correctly, both the H5i and the ClimateLine heated hose do the same thing with temp and humidity, but one has to manually program those settings into the H5I, where they are automatically set in the CL hose. Is that correct?

RE: ResMed H5i v. ClimateLine Heated Tube - Crimson Nape - 05-13-2015

(05-13-2015, 03:48 PM)kingskid Wrote: I think the H5i also has a heated hose, but the ClimateLine heated hose has its controls, I think, right on the hose itself. If I am understanding all this correctly, both the H5i and the ClimateLine heated hose do the same thing with temp and humidity, but one has to manually program those settings into the H5I, where they are automatically set in the CL hose. Is that correct?

No, the H5i is the humidifier alone that connects to the S9. The basic hose is just a hose, nothing more. It will connect to either the S9 or the H5i, if connected, The ClimateLine is the ONLY heated hose and will only connect to the H5i with its electrical contacts for power. The ClimateLine unlocks heat options when it's connected to the H5i.

RE: ResMed H5i v. ClimateLine Heated Tube - DariaVader - 05-13-2015

the H5i is the unit that holds the water tank. The hose is a separate piece and can either be the climateline (heated) option or the non heated plain hose. If you can't heat your hose, you may struggle with condensation in the hose (rainout) so a heated hose is preferable