Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Is It Just Me That Thinks The Pilairo Q Is Best? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Is It Just Me That Thinks The Pilairo Q Is Best? (/Thread-Is-It-Just-Me-That-Thinks-The-Pilairo-Q-Is-Best)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Is It Just Me That Thinks The Pilairo Q Is Best? - player - 05-18-2015

I have tried other nasal masks, and they feel like they are trying to rip my nostrils apart. With the actual air pillow surrounding my nose area and the very soft nasal air ports, the Pilairo Q is for me the most comfortable mask.

I do have to put lanolin nipple cream around my nostril edges though or it can get sore.

RE: Is It Just Me That Thinks The Pilairo Q Is Best? - k_ogre - 05-18-2015

yes it's just you we all know the P10 is the best lol

RE: Is It Just Me That Thinks The Pilairo Q Is Best? - player - 05-18-2015

The P10 enlarged my nostrils 30%.

RE: Is It Just Me That Thinks The Pilairo Q Is Best? - OpalRose - 05-18-2015

I purchased a Pilaro Q to try out and deceided to keep it.

The air diffuser system is better than the P10, but the mask hose is way
too short, about half the size of the P10. Although I agree the air pillow around
the nose feels nice, but I still like my P10 the best.

R_G may be right...resistance is futile! Smile

RE: Is It Just Me That Thinks The Pilairo Q Is Best? - k_ogre - 05-18-2015

(05-18-2015, 04:43 AM)player Wrote: The P10 enlarged my nostrils 30%.

sorry that's like saying if you pinch the back of your hand the skin will stay that way not going to happen
but all kidding aside the best way to find a mask is to find on that leaks very little the out of those find the one that feels the best
dor me the P10 has very little leak and I mean very little and after 10 mins I can't tell if it's on, so keep looking and goos luck finding the right mask is the greatest feeling.

RE: Is It Just Me That Thinks The Pilairo Q Is Best? - trish6hundred - 05-18-2015

Hi player,
It sounds like you have found your mask, that's great to hear because it is the most difficult part of this therapy.
Good job, keep up the good work.

RE: Is It Just Me That Thinks The Pilairo Q Is Best? - retired_guy - 05-18-2015

I have heard a lot of good things about the Pilairo Q. So if I was not completely happy with the P10, that's where I would go. If it works for you, it's the right mask. It's just that sooner or later everyone will use the P10 --- or the Pilairo Q............ Resistance is futile.

RE: Is It Just Me That Thinks The Pilairo Q Is Best? - Sleeprider - 05-18-2015

(05-18-2015, 04:43 AM)player Wrote: The P10 enlarged my nostrils 30%.

LOL! If only we could so easily enlarge parts we'd like to be bigger, and shrink those we'd rather not be. I'd ask you to prove it, but I'll let it go this time.

RE: Is It Just Me That Thinks The Pilairo Q Is Best? - TyroneShoes - 05-18-2015

I don't want to open a can of worms, but what is different between the two?

RE: Is It Just Me That Thinks The Pilairo Q Is Best? - AshSF - 05-18-2015

(05-18-2015, 12:00 PM)retired_guy Wrote: I have heard a lot of good things about the Pilairo Q. So if I was not completely happy with the P10, that's where I would go. If it works for you, it's the right mask. It's just that sooner or later everyone will use the P10 --- or the Pilairo Q............ Resistance is futile.

R_G: As our spiritual leader of the P10 club, How can you waver and admit Pilairo-Q in the 'Resistance is futile' category.

I do believe that the OP will ultimately realize the truth and come back clamoring for the P10. Resistance is Futile. Smile

On a more serious note, if you still need lanolin, you are wearing the mask too tight. I would venture a guess that you wore the P10 too tight as well.