Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
DME is switching out my machine. - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: DME is switching out my machine. (/Thread-DME-is-switching-out-my-machine)

Pages: 1 2

DME is switching out my machine. - JVinNE - 06-09-2015

My Aircurve 10, ASV is having problems; not recording usage time correctly, and at times, not throwing me a high pressure burst when I need it. The DME said that they are working with ResMed, and it is in rush/priority status. This morning, as I was drifting back into sleep, I felt intense pressure in the front of my face and in my sinuses, but it wasn't from the machine throwing a breath at me, then I looked at my wrist pulse ox, and it was down to 89%.

RE: DME is switching out my machine. - trish6hundred - 06-09-2015

Hi JVinNE,
I hope you can get this straightened out, soon.
Good luck to you, this must be very stressful.

RE: DME is switching out my machine. - JVinNE - 06-09-2015

(06-09-2015, 03:25 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi JVinNE,
I hope you can get this straightened out, soon.
Good luck to you, this must be very stressful.

Thank you, Trish. It has been a bit scary, and I had to take a little more anti-anxiety medication, from the nerves of dealing with this. I hope they get the replacement here asap.

RE: DME is switching out my machine. - TyroneShoes - 06-09-2015

(06-09-2015, 01:01 PM)JVinNE Wrote: ...it wasn't from the machine throwing a breath at me...

How do we know this? I think if your 02 was down, that might be exactly what this machine might do, even if working perfectly.

If the machine did not throw the breath, then who or what did?

If they even suspect a little bit that the machine is not working properly, then they should just replace it immediately for your safety, and sort out why later.

If I were in this position, I would make it my business to become their worst nightmare until they got it right. Squeaky wheel.

RE: DME is switching out my machine. - Sleeprider - 06-09-2015

(06-09-2015, 01:01 PM)JVinNE Wrote: My Aircurve 10, ASV is having problems; not recording usage time correctly, and at times, not throwing me a high pressure burst when I need it. The DME said that they are working with ResMed, and it is in rush/priority status. This morning, as I was drifting back into sleep, I felt intense pressure in the front of my face and in my sinuses, but it wasn't from the machine throwing a breath at me, then I looked at my wrist pulse ox, and it was down to 89%.

Might be interesting to take a closer look at the flow and events when that happens. If you have an obstructive event, the machine can't "throw" a breath in you regardless of pressure. Without a closer look, it's really hard to say what's going on. I have no idea why it doesn't properly record therapy times, but again, it should show up in the detailed sleep data.

RE: DME is switching out my machine. - JVinNE - 06-10-2015

New replacement machine is on rush order from ResMed.

RE: DME is switching out my machine. - JVinNE - 06-14-2015

Someone mentioned in a previous post, how the "day" starts at noon, and I was hitting the button off and on after noon, so... it makes sense now.

RE: DME is switching out my machine. - Mark Douglas - 06-14-2015

(06-10-2015, 04:45 PM)JVinNE Wrote: New replacement machine is on rush order from ResMed.

To that is such a crock! I mean they are supplying mission critical equipment and yet don't keep adequate stocks?
Sheesh!

RE: DME is switching out my machine. - JVinNE - 06-14-2015

(06-14-2015, 04:26 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote:
(06-10-2015, 04:45 PM)JVinNE Wrote: New replacement machine is on rush order from ResMed.

To that is such a crock! I mean they are supplying mission critical equipment and yet don't keep adequate stocks?
Sheesh!

I got the machine two days ago, but you're right. They should have had it in stock, even if it is an ASV, and more expensive.

RE: DME is switching out my machine. - Mark Douglas - 06-14-2015

(06-14-2015, 06:49 PM)JVinNE Wrote:
(06-14-2015, 04:26 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote:

Sheesh!

I got the machine two days ago, but you're right. They should have had it in stock, even if it is an ASV, and more expensive.
especially an ASV machine!