Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
What I learned today about mini-apneas and fatigue or why SH is the bomb - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: What I learned today about mini-apneas and fatigue or why SH is the bomb (/Thread-What-I-learned-today-about-mini-apneas-and-fatigue-or-why-SH-is-the-bomb)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

What I learned today about mini-apneas and fatigue or why SH is the bomb - Mark Douglas - 06-19-2015

SleepyHead > File > Preferences > CPAP > Enable Custom CPAP User Event Flagging.

[Image: GyYbzZd.png]

lets me see mini-apneas.
[Image: jGrgpZT.png]
[Image: D1oTx8r.png]

Despite an AHI 0f 0 I felt like crap that morning. Now I know why. I may not have scored bad things per sleep medicine standards but there are a whole lot of 50% flow reductions lasting 8 seconds. I doubt they had much effect on O2 but may well have disturbed my sleep. Must wait for pulse-oximeter and Open EEG to answer these question but funds are not currently available.

RE: What I learned today about mini-apneas and fatigue or why SH is the bomb - DariaVader - 06-19-2015

feeling like crap with a low AHI can also be a sign of poor sleep architecture - like not enuff REM or deep sleep, or even a sign that you did not actually sleep. The flow limitations tho, show a probability of sleep, at least.

RE: What I learned today about mini-apneas and fatigue or why SH is the bomb - Mark Douglas - 06-19-2015

(06-19-2015, 12:47 PM)DariaVader Wrote: feeling like crap with a low AHI can also be a sign of poor sleep architecture - like not enuff REM or deep sleep, or even a sign that you did not actually sleep. The flow limitations tho, show a probability of sleep, at least.

Exactly!
Now what to do about it. First find a mask that prevents mouth leakage and that is not going so well Oh-jeez

RE: What I learned today about mini-apneas and fatigue or why SH is the bomb - DariaVader - 06-19-2015

master the tongue vacuum Wink

RE: What I learned today about mini-apneas and fatigue or why SH is the bomb - Ailu - 06-19-2015

Wow, SleepHead looks like a very technical program! Very impressed with the diverse settings and the graphs. And that you could see something that professionals could easily miss. Can't wait to get started with it!

RE: What I learned today about mini-apneas and fatigue or why SH is the bomb - Mark Douglas - 06-19-2015

(06-19-2015, 12:55 PM)DariaVader Wrote: master the tongue vacuum Wink

Maybe I need a foo foo Too-funny
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

RE: What I learned today about mini-apneas and fatigue or why SH is the bomb - Crimson Nape - 06-19-2015

I had to rebuild the data in order for the event graph to display these flags. Also, I went into the "Events tab" and edited the "UF1" and "UF2" names to "20% Flow Restriction" and "50% Flow Restriction". I then changed their labels to "FR20" and "FR50" for the Events graph. Now I'll know what they represent.

RE: What I learned today about mini-apneas and fatigue or why SH is the bomb - AlanE - 06-19-2015

Thanks for the tip. I never bothered with those settings until now. My graph isn't as splattered as yours but there are some FR50 and a few 20.

(06-19-2015, 01:32 PM)sgearhart Wrote: I had to rebuild the data in order for the event graph to display these flags. Also, I went into the "Events tab" and edited the "UF1" and "UF2" names to "20% Flow Restriction" and "50% Flow Restriction". I then changed their labels to "FR20" and "FR50" for the Events graph. Now I'll know what they represent.

I rebuilt my data and restarted SH and still dont have them in the events - just the pie chart. booo.

never mind - seems that SH had crashed instead of closing down, so new settings only partially took effect. I seem to have 1 night of corrupt data - crash everytime i look. Going to have to delete that night and re-import.