Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Update from the coconut oil guy
RE: Update from the coconut oil guy
Louis, I suggest you start another thread asking for advice on your new machine. I can split this one if you prefer. Just let me know.

Until then, take the humidifier tub out of the machine. Turn the machine over. There should be a model number on the bottom. Something like 560 or 550 or 650 or whatever. If you let us know what that number is, we can help you know the specifics of that machine.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2015, 03:53 PM)Gru. Wrote:
Quote:No I didn't get a ResMed Elite, I got a Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex. And I was wrong with what I had said that the doctor prescribed to the service provider... He wanted me to get a ResMed S9 Auto.
And my setting is definitely 4CM to 8CM (auto ranging)
LOUIS

Ok! (You said they wanted to give you a resmed elite. ) ... My comment was its not a bad machine. (Then you said they gave you a substitute ) the respironics auto. (You asked if you got Zigged ) as to comparing a resmed elite to to a respironics auto, if you would have excepted the elite you would have gotten zigged ! But you said you excepted the respironics auto which is a far better machine because its a auto machine compared to the elite with data capable but no auto. I then explaned one advantage of a auto machine, cause most sleep studys don't capture our real life sleep patterns . Your asked for comments on your post on the two machines Elite vs PR auto! Just to clarify I Never said you had a resmed Elite. Dodgy
No problem Gru... I thought you did... no problem. Just sick and tired of being sick and tiredSleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2015, 05:54 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Louis, I suggest you start another thread asking for advice on your new machine. I can split this one if you prefer. Just let me know.

Until then, take the humidifier tub out of the machine. Turn the machine over. There should be a model number on the bottom. Something like 560 or 550 or 650 or whatever. If you let us know what that number is, we can help you know the specifics of that machine.
Yes you are absolutely correct. I'm going to wait because I don't know which machine I'm going to end up with. I called the doctor's office and I found out that he ordered a ResMed s9 Auto and specifically stated that no substitutes would be accepted. I'm waiting for him to call to let me know what's next... maybe I'll get another.
Anyway, I just tried to download Sleepyhead and I didn't have success. I wanted to see if the memory card had some interesting info on my first night. I'm going to look into the software issue further.
Thanks... Louis
Post Reply Post Reply
The VCO sounds very interesting; I will research that.

If I had to hazard a guess, I would guess that possibly you have sleep apnea as well as some other issue. The VCO probably was effective for that issue. The good news is that nearly everyone benefits from xPAP once diagnosed with SA.

But SA can have a lot of different symptoms, symptoms that might be related to a host of different causes, and SA can affect different people in different ways. So diagnosis of SA as a single causative issue is pretty difficult when just looking at the symptoms, which is why a sleep test looks for events instead. Trying to connect symptoms to SA is completely a guessing game, but events recorded in a sleep test or by a data-capable xPAP are hard evidence. Once you interpret that data, you know exactly what is going on with regards to SA.

While the VCO may have alleviated certain symptoms, it probably is not effective against OSA, because OSA is entirely a physical blockage issue, and not a medicinal issue.

But don't let that discourage you; I am fully on board, and can see you benefiting from both courses of treatment. And with luck, VCO will be something beneficial to many of us, just like xPAP is. Please keep us updated on your experiences with both xPAP and VCO.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 428 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 286 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 631 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  [Equipment] Airsense Autoset 11 FW Update GrumGrum 0 464 10-16-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: GrumGrum
  AS11 AutoSet auto update Gideon 10 3,047 09-28-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  AirSense 11 OTA update Millstone50 12 3,584 09-01-2023, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Millstone50
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,278 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.