Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie with sleep study results and questions
RE: Newbie with sleep study results and questions
Masta - I think we can make another post ourself (unless we've reached our daily limit) without waiting for someone else to post.

Congrats on obtaining the best AirSense 10 model.

The post from QAL was especially comprehensive.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

(06-30-2015, 08:05 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: The biggest notes are:

You are not having any REM sleep. That's a problem.

You are having little Stage 3 NREM sleep. That's a problem.

You are having lots and lots of PLM (periodic limb movement). That's a problem.

You are having arousal after/because of PLM. That's a problem.

Your apnea and hypopnea are fairly short. That is great news (except CPAP is not indicated).

Your oxygen did not desat very much for very long. That is great news (except CPAP is not indicated).

Your pulse rate is very high. Not so good. What is your blood pressure like? Any Afib going on?

It was a good thing to do to get the oximeter and know for sure how normal nights are.

Biggest suggestions:

If it were me, at this point, I would ask my doctor to prescribe an auto-titrating full data capable APAP/CPAP machine, and if the insurance will not cover, buy from one of the suppliers online (I have heard that supplier 2 has some really good prices.) I would contact #2 supplier and provide a copy of the sleep report, and ask if their MD can use that to prescribe from.

I would look for the types of meditation and light medication that helps the PLM. Gotta get those down (or at least the arousals). CPAP can reduce PLM.

see study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12804680
and: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12048047
and: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11247054
and: ESPECIALLY http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14572125

Look hard at melatonin, magnesium, or manganese supplements. Look hard at self hypnosis, meditation, massage or brain wave entrainment, specifically delta.

Seriously consider eating 5 grams of almonds approximately 1 hour before sleep, and sleeping only when it is dark.

Sleep in a cold room with fairly heavy covers (to reduce the amplitude of PLM).

Take your temperature at bedtime.

Log your actions in a diary.

Good luck,
QAL

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie with sleep study results and questions
(10-07-2015, 10:11 PM)Masta Wrote: I need one more post after this post in order for this to work. I hope someone comments so i can comment so i can post the pics

Hi Masta - You've already automatically transitioned into the regular members group (after you reached 8 posts), so you have no restrictions on number of daily posts or link restrictions.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 373 5 hours ago
Last Post: Matsu1
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,356 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 167 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  EPR questions juniper 5 197 04-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 176 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 397 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 194 04-15-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.