Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Whoo hoo!!! All set and ready to go!
RE: Whoo hoo!!! All set and ready to go!
Be careful covering a heated hose. From what I remember reading they are not designed to be covered and it could lead to a fire hazard.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Thanks everyone!

(07-02-2015, 11:41 AM)lmoretti Wrote: Be careful covering a heated hose. From what I remember reading they are not designed to be covered and it could lead to a fire hazard.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. But I actually turned off the heated hose, because it heated the air too much and psychologically made me feel like I wasn't getting enough air. And I set the humidifier to 1.

But.....

Does anyone know, if you turn the heated hose off, does that also by default turn off the humidifier? Cause I noticed the humidifier light turn from orange to blue when I turned off the hose heat.

-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
Ailu, there are several settings for the humidifier and heated hose. Go to the full clinical setup menu and you will see them. The humidifier, heated tube and tube temperature have separate controls on the PRS1 60 series.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
look at reducing the indoor/bedroom temperature somewhat and then resetting the climate line to on. see if that helps eliminate that 'not getting enough air" feeling.

The blue light indicates the system one or classic humidifier is on. I think you want the system one humidity set to on, you may find setting of 1 thru 3 very comfortable.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks QAL. Yes it has been hot! Unfortunately our little air conditioner doesn't quite reach all the way back to the bedroom. Amazingly, when I got up in the middle of the night and took my mask off for a minute, the air from the mask was cooler than the air in the house! Maybe that's another reason I slept so well.

I have the humidifier on and set to 1, and the heated hose off. Nice cool refreshing air coming in, and no rain out. Guess that is something that more likely happens in the winter months?

(07-02-2015, 09:43 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: look at reducing the indoor/bedroom temperature somewhat and then resetting the climate line to on. see if that helps eliminate that 'not getting enough air" feeling.

The blue light indicates the system one or classic humidifier is on. I think you want the system one humidity set to on, you may find setting of 1 thru 3 very comfortable.

QAL

-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 633 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 502 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Ready to give it another try! Welcoming any suggestions egoodman 6 759 07-03-2023, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Ready to go!! Please check my settings pkersey 9 1,156 09-27-2022, 09:01 PM
Last Post: pkersey
  [CPAP] Getting ready to call it quits jerryrw 34 2,276 03-10-2022, 01:14 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  I'm finally ready to try a full face mask Croweater 26 3,872 03-06-2020, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Robylla
  New CPAP User ready to quit - Central Apnea, ASV tntfrahm 98 9,294 01-18-2020, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Geer1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.