Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

stop condensation
stop condensation
Hi people's does anyone no how to stop condensation forming around the top of the nasal pillow? It's so annoying waking with water dripping from the pillow. My humidity on my machine is set at 5.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: stop condensation
Turn humidity level down and wrap the hose with hose cover and the short hose too
Placing the machine lower than the bed helps, in case of rainout, water drip back into the tank
Welcome to the forum, Apneaboy
Post Reply Post Reply
Things you can do:
1) Lower Humidity level
2) Raise bedroom temperature
3) use a fleece cozy on the tube but don't cover the exhalation ports of the mask.
4) Upgrade to a heated tube setup and use auto humidification.

Post Reply Post Reply
This is what those hose cozies, snuggle skins, or hose covers are for. I don't really need one because I pull my hose under a blanket, but you can easily make one or just buy one for $10-20 at any of the suppliers. You can also make one using about 2 yards of polar fleece, a needle and thread, and some elastic. Use the remaining fleece to make a pillow and just buy an insert for it. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2015, 10:56 PM)Apneaboy Wrote: Hi people's does anyone no how to stop condensation forming around the top of the nasal pillow? It's so annoying waking with water dripping from the pillow. My humidity on my machine is set at 5.

In addition to hose covers, your PRS1 (60 Series?) can be retrofitted with a heated hose unit. The total cost of the retrofit is about $75, and it provides enough heat in the hose to prevent condensation at the mask.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Apneaboy,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Turn your humidifier back a notch or two and see if that will help.
Hose cozies are great for your hose and the short hose from your mask for stopping rainout or condensation.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
This all proves that physics works. Condensation is always, always, always due to a change in temp (when ambient air pressure change is not a factor). And in this case, due to a change in temp from one end of the hose to the other. Temp drops, and water that was airborne precipitates, which means that "rainout" is an apt description.

This means that a heated hose and a cozy work because they keep the temp the same at both ends of the hose. The other things are just workarounds rather than fixes. Lower the humidity, and there is less moisture to precipitate, but at a cost of inoptimal humidity. Lower the xPAP, and gravity at least moves the water to a better location.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,467 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,540 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 539 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
Gross [CPAP] New RESMED 10 Won't Stop ddwalker 4 409 12-15-2023, 11:57 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How do I stop this rainout?!?! Please help tierdal 17 1,206 12-12-2023, 08:59 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  How to stop leakages from the F30i Full Face Mask by ResMed Jose Castro 8 1,482 11-18-2023, 04:37 AM
Last Post: UnknownActor
  airmini smart stop leads to many on/off events elliotg 4 565 10-18-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.