Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Recommendations For Facial Hair
RE: Mask Recommendations For Facial Hair
Sorry, I really did not intend to hurt anyone's feelings. I thought that people would take my ribbing in the spirit of fun.

I thought Sleeprider's post was a good description but one might take exception to the statement that "millions of us" like the P10. I did not have a problem with that statement, since I felt that it was a good natured, possibly slight exaggeration.

I am really sorry that my kidding bothered you and I will shut up now.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2015, 02:33 AM)TyroneShoes Wrote: "Cult" implies adherence to a principle without knowing why, as if mesmerized by some outside controlling force. This makes that an inappropriate characterization for P10 users, because we all know exactly why.

Payton was just kidding, Tyrone. There's a lot of folks switching to the P10, and they like it, and recommend it often, which is why we joke around about those folks acting like they're recruiting for a cult of some type. Wink

I just ordered a P10 mask from Supplier #1, mostly because my wife complains of the increasing annoying noise eminating from my well-worn and now very leaky Mirage Swift II, which (believe it or not) I've been wearing for nearly 2 years. The P10 is due to get here today, so I'm joining up with the other P10 "cultists" as of this evening. Bigwink
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2015, 12:26 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: The P10 is due to get here today, so I'm joining up with the other P10 "cultists" as of this evening. Bigwink

Oh yeah! Another one. Cool

Payton you're missing out. Pretty soon there will be billions of us. Too-funny
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When there are trillions of you, I may even try it myself, but I may ask for some verification of the data. Big Grin Big Grin Oh-jeez

SuperSleeper,

Let us know how it works out. I promise I won't call you a cult leader.

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears that there is a lot of love here for the Resmed Airfit P10. I may have to try one of those in the near future. Thanks for all of the mask information and recommendations.
Regards;
Lex Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
SuperSleeper,

We have not heard how you did with your new P10 last night. Please let us know.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2015, 04:36 PM)PaytonA Wrote: SuperSleeper,
We have not heard how you did with your new P10 last night. Please let us know.

I was kind of waiting to see how it goes over a period of time. Thus far, I love it. Very, very, very quiet, which is a benefit for my wife. For some reason, my AHI seems lower as well, not sure if it's due to the mask or what exactly. My only concern is durability, since it is very light and the headgear "seems" a bit narrow and on the diminutive side. Perhaps it's me, but it just "seems" like it wouldn't take much to over-stretch the headgear so much that it would no longer fit properly. I value durability a lot, so we'll see how this goes.

I'll post more in the Reviews Forum after I've used it for a couple of weeks.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Good deal. Over engineered is not always best.

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
This is an update for anyone following this thread: I went with the Phillips Respironics (PR) Nuance Pro Gel Nasal Pillows Mask and got a 100% mask seal last night. Everything is looking good! Woohoo!
Regards;
Lex Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent. Glad to hear it.

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,226 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,343 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 531 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Recommendations to optimize settings roost 8 627 03-06-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: roost
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 319 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 246 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Recommendations for national suppliers? HenryBowman 2 391 01-04-2024, 09:51 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.