Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Party is over
RE: Party is over
or blue cross - double cross[ed].
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
The machines are expensive. Has anyone had a good experience with sending it in for repair outside of warranty?
Post Reply Post Reply
Repairs are expensive as well. There are several authorized repair facilities and they do what they can to be fair. The parts are expensive for them to procure, and labor and shipping add up. If you need a new main board, blower or similar major repair, it might makes sense to buy a used machine or even a new one instead through the suppliers listed at the link above. I have a malfunction in the retaining spring on my SD card reader that would require replacement of the main board. I just use a piece of paper to wedge the card in place and live with occasional lost data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
New machine is here. Inserted the FlashAir and came up with a message saying this card was for another device do you want to use it... well duh... why not? Smile

I got the sideways-eye half-smile when she asked about who changed the pressure. "Umm, the pressure fairy?" They had to change it back to the original settings on the new machine. But it wasn't plugged in more than 2 minutes and I had everything back to the way I want it.

The cell signal bars (and big brother) are back. Unsure
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Kind of curious since some have reported that the new AirSense 10 machines (not for her) report Rera. I'll report back tomorrow.

Post Reply Post Reply
It depends on what is wrong. When I had that used machine and just thought the problem was the blower, one of our suppliers said it would be roughly $175 plus shipping to replace blower and insulation. Once my Mom And brother said "no that's a hot circuitboard" I knew it would cost too much to fix that. However somebody else posted they had a circuit board replaced and it was about $250, more than I paid for the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2015, 09:50 AM)AlanE Wrote: Kind of curious since some have reported that the new AirSense 10 machines (not for her) report Rera. I'll report back tomorrow.

Its confirmed. The newer AirSense 10 Autoset (not the for her) model reports Rera.

[Image: screenshot-20150716-060848.png]

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2015, 05:12 AM)AlanE Wrote: Its confirmed. The newer AirSense 10 Autoset (not the for her) model reports Rera.

WooHoo Lolabove
You're back in business, better than ever (and transmitting to the world Sad)!
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not know about anybody else but after getting pointed to Robysue's description of how PR is scoring RERAs, I am not sure how much faith I put in that score. Don't know if Resmed uses a different method or not. That is just my 2 cents concerning RERA scoring. Maybe it is accurate enough to be of some value.

Best Regards,

Doubting Thomas

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Payton, I can only say that there is a direct relationship to how I feel and the RERA score. I can actually trade AHI for RERA by changing pressure support and I'd choose a slightly higher AHI (mainly CA) over a RERA over 1.0 any day. It's interesting that I can get AHI consistently below 1.0 on a PRS1 Auto 560, but will have a RERA score of 1-3. With BiPAP using a much lower EPAP and minimum PS of 4.0 I tend to have 1-3 AHI and a RERA consistently less than 0.5. If I drop the minPS on the BiPAP, RERA returns and AHI (mainly CA) increases.

I don't know why that is, but my sense of being rested is strongly correlated to the lower RERA.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question 3rd Party Filters (Off Label) dk2011 3 847 06-27-2021, 11:55 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  3rd party filters? And no SD Card? (ResMed AirSense 10) dk2011 2 999 06-25-2021, 01:06 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.