Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How much to worry...
RE: How much to worry...
Cygnus,

Do you have insurance and is your DME by any chance Apria?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
are you being treated for the low SPO2? what everyone else said....get a back up machine and ease your mind.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2015, 09:12 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Cygnus,

Do you have insurance and is your DME by any chance Apria?

Yes...they pay 85% of everything.

Lincare is my dme. They've been pretty good so far...obviously didn't try to sell me a brick.

I guess one of the nice things about the aircurve, is I can always try it out in cpap and see if I can get by. Cpap with epr of 3 may be enough pressure support for me. In which case an older s9 might due in a pinch. Still pricey, but not 2 grand.

Will be in the UK by next month. I'll still keep the U.S. Health care while there.
(07-10-2015, 09:31 PM)me50 Wrote: are you being treated for the low SPO2? what everyone else said....get a back up machine and ease your mind.

With treatment, my spo2 is around 95 and above. So doc was not too concerned about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was wondering about the DME because with Appria, I accidently got a new machine (well it had a few hours on it) before my 5 years was up and my insurance paid for it (at least I did not pay for it). So now my old machine is my backup although that was not necessarily my original intent.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
When someone becomes serious about the therapy, that is the point to stop worrying about them.

Worry instead about those who don't worry. There are 12 million OSA sufferers in the USA alone, and 11 million of them are worry-free, because they either don't know they even have this exceptionally-dangerous issue, or they are in denial about it and are not accepting the therapy that could extend their lives by decades.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Mask - Leaks or nothing to worry about? SleepyDwarf123 5 1,027 02-18-2022, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Should I worry my Clear Airways? AlanAb 7 967 12-17-2021, 10:02 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  when do i start to worry sleepistryingtokillme 4 687 07-05-2021, 01:53 PM
  Flow limitation -- something to worry about my values? multicast 8 1,551 03-26-2020, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Should I worry about leaks? mirkee 1 897 06-15-2019, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Melman
  sleep apnea heart worry mark88 5 1,604 04-04-2018, 10:53 AM
  Any reason to worry? mltam 24 4,526 09-07-2017, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.