Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone else experience this?
RE: Anyone else experience this?
(07-15-2015, 05:29 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: hey. what did you do? my avatar was changed as well. change me back, please.

jkjk

Rolling laugh Too-funny
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2015, 01:14 AM)wxmcpo Wrote:
(07-14-2015, 10:24 AM)PaytonA Wrote: The first thing that I would do, if you are still having the problem that you described, is to raise your min EPAP to 5. The second thing that I would do is to reduce the trigger sensitivity by one step. If trigger sensitivity is currently set to medium, which is the factory setting, I would set it to low. Try that for a while and see how it works out.

Do not worry about the Easy Breathe, I forgot that it is only available in the S mode.

The Pressure Support setting of 4 is the factory setting and I would leave it there for now. Pressure Support is not available in straight BiPAP mode since you set both the EPAP and IPAP separately and that does not change on its own.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

I raised TiMax to 3 and EPAP to 5 last night and my AHI shot up 29.2 (was 5.2 the night before when my TiMax was 3.0 and EPAP was left at 4). So I am thinking about lowering TiMax to 2.5 and putting EPAP back at 4 and seeing what that does for me. I know I need more than one night to gauge where I'm at, but not sure after a jump from 5.2 to 29.2 if I shouldn't be changing something.

How's the new one? Not meaning to copy someone else, just as mentioned I used a stock avatar before now.

I do not believe that adjusting the Ti max will do anything to delay the transition from exhale to inhale pressure.

Does the early transition from EPAP to IPAP wake you up at night? Does it make it harder for you to go to sleep?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
wxmcpo, can you please describe or post the composition of your AHI (CA, OA, H)?
I recommend setting your timing back to default. It would really help if you could post sleepyhead daily data with events, flow, pressure, leaks. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2015, 10:10 AM)PaytonA Wrote: I do not believe that adjusting the Ti max will do anything to delay the transition from exhale to inhale pressure.

Does the early transition from EPAP to IPAP wake you up at night? Does it make it harder for you to go to sleep?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

It didn't keep me awake, but while falling asleep it was just something that bugged me until I did fall asleep. My AHI numbers are all over the map and I am trying different things to attempt to get it down to a more consistent number. Would love for it to be below 1.0 as I know a lot of folks achieve after starting therapy. I have never achieved below 1.0 once in my now almost 3 months of therapy.

(07-15-2015, 03:11 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: wxmcpo, can you please describe or post the composition of your AHI (CA, OA, H)?
I recommend setting your timing back to default. It would really help if you could post sleepyhead daily data with events, flow, pressure, leaks. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

Most of my events are of the CA variety. This was two nights ago. I had adjusted Pressure Support to 5.0 and TiMax to 3.0

[Image: gyg2TfRl.png]

Then last night I readjusted Pressure Support back to 4.0, but left TiMax at 3.0.

[Image: wo1UUOIl.png]

The reason adjusted Pressure Support back to 4.0 while leaving TiMax at 3.0 was because three nights ago I had put TiMax at 3.0 with Pressure Support at 4.0 and my AHI was 5.24 so I thought changing TiMax alone was having an impact on my AHI. Looking for anything that will help keep my AHI consistently low though. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
wxmcpo,
I have been following your thread with much interest. I wish I could be of help, but don't know enough about bipaps, vpaps. Trying to learn though.

I do see that your leak rate is a little high, and may be responsible for the high CA's.

Hang in there, as you are getting expert advice from others who know more about your machine and settings.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
wxmcpo, thanks for posting the graphs. It helps. I'll let PaytonA comment on the Ti settings as he is more familiar with that aspect. Clearly you need to take PS back to 4.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2015, 02:55 AM)wxmcpo Wrote: The reason adjusted Pressure Support back to 4.0 while leaving TiMax at 3.0 was because three nights ago I had put TiMax at 3.0 with Pressure Support at 4.0 and my AHI was 5.24 so I thought changing TiMax alone was having an impact on my AHI. Looking for anything that will help keep my AHI consistently low though. Thanks

I had a re-titration last night and along with that a lot of conversation with the tech. My SH graphs look like yours with lots of CAs. I told the tech that it seemed like I was unable to inhale properly when recovering from a CA while falling asleep. I asked about raising my Ti time. She said that the sensitivity might also be too low. I will be trying to adjust both while I am waiting for my new prescription.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
You are still getting a lot of leaks. You might want to try a chin strap to eliminate the leaks. The leaks are probably removing too much CO2 and causing the CAs.
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2015, 10:52 AM)richb Wrote: You are still getting a lot of leaks. You might want to try a chin strap to eliminate the leaks. The leaks are probably removing too much CO2 and causing the CAs.

Could you explain that a little more. I am having a senior day and am not following why that would be the case.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2015, 04:54 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(07-16-2015, 10:52 AM)richb Wrote: You are still getting a lot of leaks. You might want to try a chin strap to eliminate the leaks. The leaks are probably removing too much CO2 and causing the CAs.

Could you explain that a little more. I am having a senior day and am not following why that would be the case.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
According to your statistics your leak percentage is 12%. Leaks could be washing out CO2 which your body measures to control respiration. Your Ti time might well be a factor. I too am inclined to adjust mine for a longer inspiration time. You might have been experiencing arousals if you were trying to inhale during a transition from inhalation to exhalation. Do you feel that the Ti time change has made a specific difference?

Download Sleepyhead
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 418 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  My Resent Experience: Momsworry 3 103 03-23-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Any experience with paradoxical breathing? pezhead99 3 544 11-12-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: pezhead99
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,450 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Somnics iNAP experience after 1 week joshielevy 12 5,340 07-19-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  PAP and Cognition (brain fog, memory, focus, etc) - Share your experience! cyrial 0 514 06-04-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: cyrial
  Those of you who experience Hypopneas and not Apneas, what were your symptoms and how jz68 5 1,011 04-24-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.