Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rising AHI
Rising AHI
I posted a few months back and my AHI was averging 1.33 over the past year. Recently I got married. So now I sleep wtih my wife and the room is warmer then I am used to, we just have a fan going instead of an AC due to the window being small. Along with that change I have started dieting/exercising and have lost a few pounds. But have noticed I have been having a difficult time falling alseep again. So there is a little background. Also, I have been debating whether I want to try another mask or not. The cushion on my current mask needs to be replaced but I have not done so because Im unsure if I want to buy another maks. My machine is also just on a fix pressure. I would like to have the auto set but I do not have that at this time.

Since July 10 my AHI is as follows:

13.47, 7.12, 6.50,8.10, 9.90, 5.57, 7.52, 13.19

The highest event in my event breakdown is Clear Airway.

I tried to post images from photobucket. I was unable to do so. Any advice/ input is appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rising AHI
Once your post count is over 8 posts, you can post links and images. You can attach images or post them according to this tutorial. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

If your events are primarily CA, we don't treat that with pressure. You might reduce EPR (exhale pressure relief) to a lower amount of pressure change. If you are experiencing excessive leaks, this may be distorting your data. Finally, you can trial some alternate pressures. Since you have lost weight it may be worth trying a pressure around 8.0-8.5 for a while and see what happens.

Good luck, and congratulations.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot for the reply. I will post some more so I can put up the pictures so people can get the visual. I will have to look at the data again but I don;t think I am experiencing excessive leaks, I have the green smiley in the morning. I will look at the sleepy head data tho.

And ah okay. Maybe I i will try the lower pressure.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
lol forum software combined the last 2
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2015, 04:11 PM)DariaVader Wrote: lol forum software combined the last 2

LOL yes I see that I had to go find another thread to post something.

Do you know if you can also use photobucket to post?
Post Reply Post Reply
7/17/15
[Image: 0BAIE23l.png]
[Image: z81M9lIl.png]
[Image: Z45SfeCl.png]
6 Months
[Image: 8RgVLZbl.png]

Post Reply Post Reply
Does the increase in CA's coincide with your recent increase in therapy pressure to 9.6 cm H2O? If so, that may resolve itself, given more time. If that's not the case, read on.

CA's are often scored while you are drifting in and out of sleep. Are you sleeping as soundly as ever? The increased room temperature along with the increased bed temperature of having a partner adjacent to you, may be causing you to be uncomfortably warm and making sleep difficult.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, and there are other things that can disturb the sleep of newlyweds. Bigwink

First, that is not yet a "typical" result for you. The trend is for increased CA, but there is enough OA in there, i'm not sure we want to reduce pressure a lot. You have a pretty steady amount of OA through that entire history, and only recently has CA become a bit of an issue. If you recall I mentioned EPR? I think turn that down to 1 and see what that does. I suspect the 0.5 reduction in pressure is going to have less effect than cutting back the EPR. Given the recent change in environment for your sleep, I think that has more to do with this than anything related to your CPAP therapy, and it could resolve by itself soon, even if you do nothing.

BTW, ceiling fans are great. Quiet, cooing and can be used with minimal air conditioning to make a room a lot more comfortable. Best improvement I have ever made to a bedroom.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2015, 12:40 PM)tjm1911 Wrote: My machine is also just on a fix pressure. I would like to have the auto set but I do not have that at this time.
The AutoSet in auto mode, only increase pressure in response to snoring and flow limitation which are indicators for obstructive apnea - not central apnea. So pressure is not increased if were no such indicators, and that in turn may be enough to prevent central events from occurring in the first place. Some people find, not using EPR helps reducing AHI, worn mask cushion does not helps either
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2015, 06:20 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: Does the increase in CA's coincide with your recent increase in therapy pressure to 9.6 cm H2O? If so, that may resolve itself, given more time. If that's not the case, read on.

CA's are often scored while you are drifting in and out of sleep. Are you sleeping as soundly as ever? The increased room temperature along with the increased bed temperature of having a partner adjacent to you, may be causing you to be uncomfortably warm and making sleep difficult.

Dude

Thanks for the reply. The increase in CAs doesn't coincide with the increase in therapy pressure but does coincide with the change of sleeping arrangments and no I have not been sleepying very soundly.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA rising - help SFLGuy 3 471 06-18-2023, 09:34 AM
Last Post: SFLGuy
  [Treatment] AHI suddenly rising and feeling tired calferreira 1 397 06-06-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: calferreira
  [Pressure] BIPAP Pressure Setting Help rising AHI VanWrinkle 0 410 03-25-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: VanWrinkle
  Rising leak rate during REM sleep Phil7 6 805 10-12-2022, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Phil7
  AHI starts rising after many years of control YinzerBoy 1 574 07-14-2022, 02:12 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  AHI is rising and don't know why cwdusheke 22 2,187 03-04-2021, 09:24 AM
Last Post: cwdusheke
  Summer is coming, Temps are rising Allessio77 18 2,758 04-29-2018, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.