Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ok first night back with it.
RE: Ok first night back with it.
Murf Wrote:I wonder why he did not mention anything about the different type of interruptions and being able to track those?

Well, if he had acknowledged that there are different types of apnea events that are not treated the same way by the machine, then he might also have had to explain why he's handing you a machine that can't tell the difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2015, 04:30 PM)kaiasgram Wrote:
Murf Wrote:I wonder why he did not mention anything about the different type of interruptions and being able to track those?

Well, if he had acknowledged that there are different types of apnea events that are not treated the same way by the machine, then he might also have had to explain why he's handing you a machine that can't tell the difference.

Yeah I suppsoie that's true, I'll see what he says Tuesday.

last nite, 5 hours sleep, but AHI was .8

Tough getting asleep with this on. Very anxious/stirring. Hopefully it will get easier, any tricks to help me adjust to falling asleep with it on?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2015, 02:45 PM)Murf Wrote: Tough getting asleep with this on. Very anxious/stirring. Hopefully it will get easier, any tricks to help me adjust to falling asleep with it on?

What helps a lot of folks is to just sit with the mask and machine on while watching TV for a while. Get desensitized to the feeling of the whole thing while you aren't also trying to go to sleep. I did this and found I didn't really have to do much of it before I was over the strangeness of it.

Desensitization is key to a lot of anxiety treatments and it tends to work well with CPAP adjustment/anxiety as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2015, 02:45 PM)Murf Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 04:30 PM)kaiasgram Wrote:

Yeah I suppsoie that's true, I'll see what he says Tuesday.

last nite, 5 hours sleep, but AHI was .8

Tough getting asleep with this on. Very anxious/stirring. Hopefully it will get easier, any tricks to help me adjust to falling asleep with it on?

PM sent. Let me know if you want to upgrade.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.
If you are in IT then you understand that features can drive price.
For me I had a list that I wanted which started with data available but did not end there
Look over the machines on the suppliers sites as their adds give a nice list of features.
The ones I value, after being able to monitor my treatment and own it, are:
Having an auto machine that adjusts the pressure depending on what my body is doing on the night
Humidifier. (Winter is dry here, summer is damp)
Heated tube (rain out suxs)
EPR (exhale pressure relief)
Start up ramp (wouldn't cry if it was not available though)

Other features are nice but I can live without them if needed. (warm up/cool down for example)

Apart from that it is all about the mask - as many other posts go on about them suffice to say, getting the right mask is imperative.
Until you know what one works for you, always get the option to swap when you buy so you can just cycle them until it works.
Post Reply Post Reply
Little bit better tonight falling asleep wise, 6.5 hrs of sleep, AHI was 1.2

Look fwd to seeing what he has to say on Tuesday
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2015, 03:04 PM)kaiasgram Wrote:
(07-23-2015, 02:45 PM)Murf Wrote: Tough getting asleep with this on. Very anxious/stirring. Hopefully it will get easier, any tricks to help me adjust to falling asleep with it on?

What helps a lot of folks is to just sit with the mask and machine on while watching TV for a while. Get desensitized to the feeling of the whole thing while you aren't also trying to go to sleep. I did this and found I didn't really have to do much of it before I was over the strangeness of it.

Desensitization is key to a lot of anxiety treatments and it tends to work well with CPAP adjustment/anxiety as well.

I did do a little better last light falling asleep. I made sure to warm up the humidifier first, no clue if that had anything to do with it or not. If I have trouble getting to sleep with it, I may try your suggestion, appreciate the advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,987 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 525 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 935 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 295 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 543 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 235 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.