Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] F&P Icon machine doesnt turn ok
F&P Icon machine doesnt turn ok
My wife's 2.5 year old CPAP machine seems to be dead. Display and lights dont turn on at all.

We moved a few days ago, and were careful with transporting it. It sat for 3 days before she tried using it again.

Any hope of fixing it? Our insurance covers one CPAP machine per lifetime, after that you are on your own, and money is tight right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F&P Icon machine doesnt turn ok
(07-21-2015, 10:09 PM)grantemsley Wrote: My wife's 2.5 year old CPAP machine seems to be dead. Display and lights dont turn on at all.

We moved a few days ago, and were careful with transporting it. It sat for 3 days before she tried using it again.

Any hope of fixing it? Our insurance covers one CPAP machine per lifetime, after that you are on your own, and money is tight right now.

Have you considered look at the 'cpap' supplier list on the home page of this forum? It is my understanding that Supplier #2 sells used but reconditioned machines. You might find what you need there. Otherwise if you can contact the place where your wife's machine came from and ask them if it is warranteed for any length of time.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2015, 10:09 PM)grantemsley Wrote: We moved a few days ago, and were careful with transporting it. It sat for 3 days before she tried using it again.
Did you empty the water chamber before moving the machine?

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi grantemsley,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully it didn't get any water damage. I would call the Dplace where she got her machine and ask them if it is still under warranty.
Hang in there for more suggestions.
Much success to your wife in getting her machine problem straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2015, 11:07 PM)zonk Wrote:
(07-21-2015, 10:09 PM)grantemsley Wrote: We moved a few days ago, and were careful with transporting it. It sat for 3 days before she tried using it again.
Did you empty the water chamber before moving the machine?

She did. But she reclosed the lid after emptying it, and after unpacking I found a bit of water (maybe a teaspoon worth) under the water tray. She thinks its condensation. I think she left a little water in it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I dont know if it helps, but after loads of frustration with my ins co approved providers, i just bought my icon+ outright. $499 delivered with 6 months no intrest and no payments through billmelater.

PM me if you want the link to the company I purchased from
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2015, 10:09 PM)grantemsley Wrote: My wife's 2.5 year old CPAP machine seems to be dead. Display and lights dont turn on at all.

I'm inclined to think the problem may be the power supply itself. The Icon is a very robust machine, unlikely a drop of water would damage it. The machine would almost have to be rolled around to get the water into its workings. Anyway try an extension lead from a power point in another part of the house, or take it to a friend's place, & see if that fixes the problem.
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have home contents insurance check to see if you are covered for accidental damage. I claimed for a dropped laptop earlier this year and my insurance company paid up no questions asked.
Cheers

Dan

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAC DOESNT SEEM TO HELP. Bobbyc 8 326 03-24-2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 836 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
Sad F&P ICON auto is dead Letsgomom 19 14,313 01-09-2024, 10:46 PM
Last Post: capman911
Question Is it OK to turn on an oxygen concentrator before my APAP machine? EMihalis 10 694 12-15-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,130 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Should I turn off EPR?? sleepygoo 4 577 11-09-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 11 moon icon instead of bars? LJAB 7 847 10-23-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.