Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP hose covers.....or not ??
RE: CPAP hose covers.....or not ??
You can find various clips and Velcro at places that sell fabric and crafts.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a fleece cozy about a month in, and it seems like the best purchase I could have made. I have never had rainout, either before or after purchase. I slide the cozy up to cover most of the short hose, which means there is a good 3 feet at the other end that does not get covered, but if you do have rainout, the business end is really where you want it anyway. It is mostly an aesthetical thing, as the covered hose is much more amenable than the non-covered hose. But since you will live with the hose for 1/3rd of your life, why not get a cozy?
Post Reply Post Reply
Aside from the clips, I don't think I could ever do without a hose cover.

Tyrone, I did the same with mine and pulled it up over the short mask hose, but then if I had to get up, I had to remove it or pull the hose cover down, because I always disconnect the mask hose from machine hose.

So I found some small pieces of fleece in fabric shop for less than a dollar....cut to size for the small hose and tied with ribbon to secure. It stays put and feels much more "cozy".
Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2015, 06:16 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Aside from the clips, I don't think I could ever do without a hose cover.

Tyrone, I did the same with mine and pulled it up over the short mask hose, but then if I had to get up, I had to remove it or pull the hose cover down, because I always disconnect the mask hose from machine hose.

So I found some small pieces of fleece in fabric shop for less than a dollar....cut to size for the small hose and tied with ribbon to secure. It stays put and feels much more "cozy".
Smile

You both are more clever than myself. I have struggled for a long while with trying to put a cozy on the long hose and then another cozy on the short hose and then....trying to get the ends to fit on top of each other. Sigh......I think it is back to the drawing board for me. I bought a nice cozy with a zipper for the long hose, but it takes quite a while to air dry. I don't want to risk putting it in the dryer because I'm afraid it will shrink too much.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2015, 06:44 PM)bolocarver Wrote: Hello everyone. I read the posts about the hose clips and would like to give you a cheaper way to get them. Go to Walmart in the stationary isle and get a pack of name badge clips (about 12 in a pack), then go to the hardware isle or the sewing isle and you will find a pack of several colors of velcro straps for about $3.00. Total cost will be about $6.00 but you will have several hose clips when done. Just put the name badge clips through the little slits in the velcro straps and you have it made.

Brilliant solution!
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2015, 06:16 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Aside from the clips, I don't think I could ever do without a hose cover.

Smile

I like this idea too! Cause like you, I always unclip my mask at the hose when I need to potty or whatnot. Easier than taking off the mask and getting it all readjusted again.

-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
Ailu, yea, I hate having to take my mask off and readjust. One time I took it off and tried to put it back on in the dark, got back in bed, and knew it just didn't feel quite right, so got up and looked in mirror only to see I actually put the mask on backwards with the pillows facing the wrong way. Oh-jeez
I'm almost embarrassed to admit that!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2015, 10:03 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Ailu, yea, I hate having to take my mask off and readjust. One time I took it off and tried to put it back on in the dark, got back in bed, and knew it just didn't feel quite right, so got up and looked in mirror only to see I actually put the mask on backwards with the pillows facing the wrong way. Oh-jeez
I'm almost embarrassed to admit that!

Laugh-a-lot

I've done that on more than one occasion - the putting the mask on backwards with the pillows upside down. Sure does make a person feel silly. Very glad to know I'm not alone. I've learned how to whip the mask off, make my loo break and then put mask back on (correctly) in short order. Hate missing out on sleep.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 643 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,561 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.