Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wisp Nasal Mask and Facial Rash (dermatitis)
Wisp Nasal Mask and Facial Rash (dermatitis)
I got my cpap and a Wisp Nasal Mask in February and the results have been pretty good! I got a new set of mask parts in May and am expecting more of them on 8/20. However, over the last few months, it seems like the nasal mask is irritating the crap out of my face. I have red, dry, irritated lines around my nose where the mask lies.

I'm wondering if I should ask them to try the nasal pillows before they send the next batch out

Is there anything else that I can do to keep the Wisp and still not have it look like I've been stamped with a triangle around my nose? Has anyone had this and then gone to the nasal pillows and had it go away?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wisp Nasal Mask and Facial Rash (dermatitis)
I have the Wisp Nasal Mask as well and I have found to get a bit of a red scuff mark on my upper lip where the mask sits...otherwise no issues...I cant go to Nasal Pillows due to sore in my nose that is ongoing...And I really love the Wisp Nasal Mask! It works well for me. I thought maybe I was over reacting to the red mark..but looks like Im not....

Hope you find more answers...good luck!

(08-10-2015, 08:56 PM)kdmorris410 Wrote: I got my cpap and a Wisp Nasal Mask in February and the results have been pretty good! I got a new set of mask parts in May and am expecting more of them on 8/20. However, over the last few months, it seems like the nasal mask is irritating the crap out of my face. I have red, dry, irritated lines around my nose where the mask lies.

I'm wondering if I should ask them to try the nasal pillows before they send the next batch out

Is there anything else that I can do to keep the Wisp and still not have it look like I've been stamped with a triangle around my nose? Has anyone had this and then gone to the nasal pillows and had it go away?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2015, 08:56 PM)kdmorris410 Wrote: Is there anything else that I can do to keep the Wisp and still not have it look like I've been stamped with a triangle around my nose? Has anyone had this and then gone to the nasal pillows and had it go away?

I don't get any marks from nasal pillows. You could certainly try them and see if you like them. I'm very happy with the Resmed P10 or the Respironics Nuance. They're very similar.

Also, if you're getting bad marks, your mask is too tight. If you need it that tight to stop the leaks, it isn't actually fitting you properly.

If you end up not liking the nasal pillow mask, the some people like the SleepWeaver. It's all cloth and doesn't have a traditional seal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi kdmorris410,
I'm not sure but I think RemZZZs makes a liner for the wisp, sometimes liners help keep the cushion from rubbing. Another company that makes liners is Padacheek, (not sure I spelled that right).
Good luck to you with finding a solution to your mask problem.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
could it be what you use to wash your mask? If you aren't, be sure and wash your face before masking up.

Maybe it is because it is too tight or maybe it is because the weather is hotter right now. Could be a lot of things but my guess is that it is hotter right now.

I have used the wisp nasal mask for almost 2 years and never had a problem with it and I am not very good about washing my face with soap or a cleaner before masking up.

Have you changed any products that you use? Could be that your skin doesn't like something you are using.

Post Reply Post Reply
It's possible that it's because it's summer. What I'm using to clean the mask and my face hasn't changed and I didn't get the rash before April or so. I wash my face before going to bed and wash the mask each morning with mild soap. I can pull the mask away from my face enough to inflate the "pillows" part of the mask, so I wouldn't think it's too tight.

I might try the nasal pillows just to see if I hate them. There was a time when I was somewhat horrified by the idea of wearing a cpap mask at all, but turns out, it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 317 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,076 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 339 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Equipment] Nasal mask over full face if suspected UARS??)) Dashaman 6 392 01-22-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.