Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New mask!!!
New mask!!!
I am not sure what to think. I called my DME to ask for a full face mask to try. I have been trying to adapt to my nasal pillows and know I havent given it enough of a chance but I wanted to try a full face mask just to see if it were better. I asked them what my choices were and they told me "whatever we have" I asked if they could bring out different masks for me to try out and be fitted, they told me the resp. therapist would be calling me today to schedule a time to come out. I was shocked when UPS shows up at my door with a package today with some random mask in it!!! Its a Fisher & Paykel FlexiFit 431.
Do I just try it?? Do I argue and try to get some others to try? Is this how its supposed to work???

If I do just try it tonight any tips to share? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New mask!!!
If the package came from your DME, try it out and see if it works for you. I know my DME has a 30 day return policy.

If it works for you, great. Otherwise, call your DME for a different mask.

My 2 cents worth.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've only tried Resmed Quattro and Quattro FX and both didn't work for me but everyone is different.
B36 wrote an excellent review of both masks in Products review Forum.
Fisher & Paykel FlexiFit fitting instruction
http://www.youtube.com/user/fphealthcare
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2012, 08:12 PM)antcyd Wrote: I asked if they could bring out different masks for me to try out and be fitted, they told me the resp. therapist would be calling me today to schedule a time to come out. I was shocked when UPS shows up at my door with a package today with some random mask in it!!!

I would do both! Try the mask they sent you and if you don't get a call from the resp therapist, call them back and thell them you want to take them up on their offer to have the resp therapist come out.

These employees work for the DME company and do whatever they have to to keep the customer happy. You're the customer. Be happy.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can always go visit the DME and try their equipment, thus eliminating the need of the therapist making multiple trips to your house,
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've never had the DME come out to my house. They've never even suggested it. I either go there or they ship it. When I needed a new mask (as in new, not just replacing parts) I go there and she has several for me to check out and try on. I can eliminate several that way.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,209 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,755 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,832 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,529 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.