Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Will upping my pressure mess with my compliance
Will upping my pressure mess with my compliance
I am on Medicare primary and BCBS secondary insurance. I have completed my 30 day compliance but have 60 more days to go for full compliance. I am on a set pressure of 12. I have noticed recently that my AHI has been above 5 and as high as 9. Most are Obstuctive. If I increase my pressure, will this affect my compliance since my prescription was written for 12.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Will upping my pressure mess with my compliance
I don't think would have affect on compliance
Compliance is something to do with how many hours you're using the machine to meet insurance requirement

As for pressure increase, you've an AutoSet, why not set the machine on "AutoSet" mode 10-14
The machine only increase pressure in response to obstructive events , not central events ... win win situation
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-18-2015, 03:50 PM)zonk Wrote: As for pressure increase, you've an AutoSet, why not set the machine on "AutoSet" mode 10-14
The machine only increase pressure in response to obstructive events , not central events ... win win situation

Thanks Zonk, I'll give this a try tonite
Post Reply Post Reply
Compliance only looks at hours of use. It doesn't even care if you were wearing the machine while awake rather than asleep... just hours of blower time pure and simple Smile The other part of the equation is whether your doctor says the therapy is "helping" you. "Helping" being a completely subjective measurement.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Rastur,
Medicare requires you to meet with your doctor after the 30 days, but before the 90 days is up.
That has to be a face to face doctor appointment. Don't neglect to do this.

Medicare or any insurance for that matter doesn't look at pressure settings, they only care if you are using the machine.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, avoid sleeping on your back (whenever you can) and sleep on your side may helps too
Post Reply Post Reply
A big + 10 to what OpalRose said. "Medicare requires you to meet with your doctor after the 30 days, but before the 90 days is up.
That has to be a face to face doctor appointment. Don't neglect to do this."
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply
Can someone explain to this foreigner Smile
You meet face to face with the doctor ... what possible could happen ...
The doctor send you to jail or give you a pat on your back for your enthusiasm and 100% compliance
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2015, 08:00 PM)zonk Wrote: Can someone explain to this foreigner Smile
You meet face to face with the doctor ... what possible could happen ...
The doctor send you to jail or give you a pat on your back for your enthusiasm and 100% compliance

Hi zonk,
The worse that could happen..... Medicare may stop paying for the rental of your CPAP without proof from your doctor that you are compliant.
Doctor visit needs to be done before that 90 days is up.

Hey, a pat on the back wouldn't be bad either! :grin:

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The dr is *supposed* to aver that you are "benefiting" from the treatment. But as far as I can tell, "benefit" is totally subjective.
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,449 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,637 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 431 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  My flow rate is a bloody mess, please help! marty1966 10 1,006 10-30-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  compliance question singergal67 7 641 06-10-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: singergal67

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.