Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does No One Listen (there is no Cure!)
RE: Does No One Listen (there is no Cure!)
Just as a matter of interest, my four friends (at least) who have OSA are thin as toothpicks and always have been. One had his driver's license suspended due to untreated sleep apnea!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Educate, Advocate, Contemplate.
Herein lies personal opinion, no professional advice, which ALL are well advised to seek.

Post Reply Post Reply
My partner works for the post office and has 3 co-workers who use CPAP. Two are slightly overweight females (who won't use their machines!) and the other is a scrawny, very tall man. He just had major nose and throat surgery (he choked on his food a lot) and will be having another sleep test.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2012, 07:32 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Well, it is possible in some cases to cure sleep apnea by losing weight. Also by surgery. I agree with you, though. It really chaps me when people, often people in authority, give this type of one-size-fits-all advice.

I've seen so-called doctors on TV state that your sinus problems can be cured by salt-water rinses taken twice-daily for two weeks. Sure, that'll help some people, but it's not a cure for everyone.

I am a salr-water rinse user and it really helps me with clearing my sinuses at night and lets my CPAP macine do it's job easier.
It also works real good if you are, or like me..was a smoker! I'm quitting for the last time right now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 932 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  What my apnea cure looked like progman 7 199 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: SheShells23
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 207 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 400 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Mod Note] Prevention rather than Cure ? - Thread Closed Micheal.M 37 2,716 06-28-2022, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] finally got someone to listen at lincare ajwees41 2 781 10-11-2021, 06:39 PM
Last Post: ajwees41
Smile 2018 Resolution. 'Cure' myself of Sleep Apnea. Mogy 45 9,436 04-12-2018, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Timur

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.