Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

skin rash
skin rash
My Airfit F10 full face mask is causing skin irritation and rash. Any suggestions on different masks or fixes? Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: skin rash
Mask liners may helps, pad a cheek (washable) or Remzzzs (google it)
You can make your own liners too. Things might helps also, don't overtighten the straps, wash the mask daily to remove any facial oil and wash your face before putting the mask on

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi justbreathe,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You can also make mask liners by cutting them out of old teeshirts.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure whatever you are washing your mask in is something you are not allergic or sensitive to. Rinse very, very, very well. If it is allergy season and I don't want to add another scent to my battered nose, I just use very warm water and rub the mask with my fingers until it squeaks.

If it is a new mask, did you wash it before you started using it? Some people experience an allergy-like reaction to new masks if it isn't washed first.

The Remzz liners would help to some degree but they aren't going to completely prevent the mask from contacting your skin. It will greatly help, however, and what little does touch you will be minimal.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I use the F20 full face mask and I bought liners from silent night. they are great...made of a material that can be washed...and they have sticky tabs so they stay in place...i used one for about 7 days, washed and dried it and i'm using it again...i bought more for backup. seems to help with leaks and not making the farting noise when air leaks...my skin is fairly oily and i also drool...haha...good combo! i do wash my face every night to help with dirt/oil on the liners.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 103 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Skin treatment for mouth taping? GaspForAir 2 1,246 09-25-2023, 06:42 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  [CPAP] Sensitive skin conphil 4 435 09-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: conphil
  DIY idea to stop itching and rash back of head? okieman 15 11,060 05-16-2023, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Xltrod
  Skin irritation with Evora full face mask misajon 0 773 02-02-2023, 01:11 PM
Last Post: misajon
  [Equipment] O2 ring itchy skin Ulysses87 4 763 01-17-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Nose bridge skin problem nabilx 4 744 12-30-2022, 12:10 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.