Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unplugged or leave it on ?
Unplugged or leave it on ?

I am going to travel for 2 weeks and planning not to bring the ResMed Airsense 10 along . Should I unplug the machine or just leave it on 24/7 as I have been doing for the past 3 months ?

Please advise . Thanks .
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Unplugged or leave it on ?
Probably best to empty the water chamber and unplug the unit.
Clean everything so it can dry while your away.

It's a slightly better option than leaving it plugged in; as you never know what will happen to your electrical power; or if other people in your home might attempt to move it.

edit: corrected you to your.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2015, 04:14 PM)tommyngo Wrote: I am going to travel for 2 weeks and planning not to bring the ResMed Airsense 10 along .
I would unplug it and do what justMongo suggested
But, prefer to bring along, better than leaving her lonely at home or using the backup

Post Reply Post Reply
I would leave it unplugged, but I hope you are taking another machine or a backup with you to use.

You wouldn't want to feel like crap without CPAP for two weeks. UnsureMornincoffee
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is just a thought.

I generally leave my thermostat set to 60 degrees in my apartment during winter, but the temperature probably swings up and down, especially during a two week trip. I feel it best to leave my A10 plugged in and turned on with the humidifier tank removed while I am away at work. The small amount of heat generated by the machines electronics help clear any moisture that may be present inside the machine. Might that also be a good idea for longer trips as well?

For me, the A10 always goes on the trip with me. It is currently the only machine I have and I can't imagine trying to sleep without it.

Curious, Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, might be good idea to put the A10 back in the machine bag and and hide some place, stop dust and CPAP burglars too
Never know with the A10, can be tracked down remotely
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for your kind responses with several excellent practical tips which I will take up with great confidence !

Best regards to all of you .

[Image: z1nhqg5.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2015, 04:14 PM)tommyngo Wrote: I am going to travel for 2 weeks and planning not to bring the ResMed Airsense 10 along . Should I unplug the machine or just leave it on 24/7 as I have been doing for the past 3 months ?

Please advise . Thanks .

I have traveled with the A10 and it is extremely easy to carry on a plane or pack in the car. It is not counted toward the carry on limit on planes as it is a medical device. Also, it can remain in the case going through security in most instances. I have not been asked to remove it yet. It is fairly light as well. Happy travels and keep pappin.

Coffee
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2015, 04:14 PM)tommyngo Wrote: I am going to travel for 2 weeks and planning not to bring the ResMed Airsense 10 along . Should I unplug the machine or just leave it on 24/7 as I have been doing for the past 3 months ?

Please advise . Thanks .

Take the machine. If you need it at home, that need does not go away when you travel.

Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would see no need to unplug. Empty the water and chive on. A lot less trouble. I think today I may assemble my new home brew 12 V USP system for APAP.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raise max pressure or leave it alone? big_dave 4 333 02-20-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  Navigating medical leave zoraa 2 465 06-04-2023, 12:25 PM
Last Post: zoraa
  Aisense 10 - leave on or turn off? lacro 23 12,827 01-19-2020, 05:25 PM
Last Post: harrywr2
  Why does SleepyHead leave a blank before you go to bed? HalfAsleep 13 2,592 02-01-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: CB91710
Question Adjust Settings or Leave Them Be? Melman 15 3,283 04-07-2017, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 [not the Elite]: Leave on Autoset? jc1brady 23 6,618 09-10-2015, 09:25 PM
Last Post: zonk
  Can't leave things alone.. Just had to change something. retired_guy 16 5,630 07-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Last Post: PaytonA

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.