Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How can I post my SleepyHead screenshot?
Gross 
How can I post my SleepyHead screenshot?
Hi. I have made a screenshot of my 9/30 SH readings and would like someone to interpret the data for me as I'm just unsure of the meanings within the pie chart. I typically fill the pie with RERAs and I looked that up and still don't know the implication of high RERAs. Haven't been able to figure out yet how to insert the screenshot here with my IMAC machine. Any suggestions? Thanks!Thinking-about
"Freedom is the oxygen of the soul."
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How can I post my SleepyHead screenshot?
I suggest you check out Paula's thread on How to...
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-How-to-HOW-DO-I

Frankly, I find it best to create a free account at photobucket.com; upload the image; then put the URL to the image file between HTML IMG tags.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, JustMongo; I'll give it a try. Tried to do that with Imgur, but no luck. Maybe photobucket will be easier. Will readm Paula's thread also. Thanks again!
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a better way. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

All respect to the forum attachment, the Imgur method is much better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Sleeprider, I'll give it another try.
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-08-2015, 05:35 PM)kingskid Wrote: Hi. I have made a screenshot of my 9/30 SH readings and would like someone to interpret the data for me as I'm just unsure of the meanings within the pie chart. I typically fill the pie with RERAs and I looked that up and still don't know the implication of high RERAs. Haven't been able to figure out yet how to insert the screenshot here with my IMAC machine. Any suggestions? Thanks!Thinking-about

Okay, I think I did it. Here is a recent result from Oct. 7: http://imgur.com/MjCdf3l

The high RERA is typical for me and even though I've read the definition of what it is, I don't understand the implication of a high number. Can someone explain it please? Thanks!
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
I would look at the RE events versus the Flow Limitation Graph. There is some FL as summarized.
You are probably in "the sweet spot" WRT pressure. Higher pressure might induce more CA while decreasing RE and FL.
For some folks it's a balancing act. For me, with my primary apnea being OSA, an auto machine with increased pressure keeps my OSA and FL in check.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2015, 10:22 AM)justMongo Wrote: I would look at the RE events versus the Flow Limitation Graph. There is some FL as summarized.
You are probably in "the sweet spot" WRT pressure. Higher pressure might induce more CA while decreasing RE and FL.
For some folks it's a balancing act. For me, with my primary apnea being OSA, an auto machine with increased pressure keeps my OSA and FL in check.

Hi JustMongo. I have an APAP also. Even though the pressure is set at 7 cm, aren't such machines supposed to adjust to a person's needs? Also, are high RERA's inherently good or bad?Oh-jeez:
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2015, 02:04 PM)kingskid Wrote: Hi JustMongo. I have an APAP also. Even though the pressure is set at 7 cm, aren't such machines supposed to adjust to a person's needs? Also, are high RERA's inherently good or bad?Oh-jeez:

RERA is a disturbance in sleep and therefore is undesirable.

You have an Autoset, but it is set to fixed pressure CPAP mode. (Info just under the AHI on your SH screenshot.) So, you are running a straight 7 all night.

In Auto mode a window of pressure range is set into the machine; and within those limits, the AutoPap increases pressure in response to OA, HA, Flow Limitation, and Snore. They do not raise pressure if a CA is detected.

I wouldn't worry about this -- looks like you're doing fine.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed does not say what to do with RERAs or what is acceptable number but I think your numbers are nothing to worry about
My machine does not report RERAs, might be a good thing, otherwise would see large numbers of them

If were me and really have to do something, first turn off EPR and would love to try "AutoSet for Her" mode, specially designed for girls but never know might be useful to boys too
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 157 7 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 626,012 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 188 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,835 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 172 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 368 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 271 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.