Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead illiterate - please advise
SleepyHead illiterate - please advise
When it comes to all the various readings in the SleepyHead app I'm pretty ignorant as to what they all mean. As long as my AHI is consistently between 0.2 and 2.0 is that all I really need to know?

Even if my AHI is 2.0 or less most days is there any other reading(s) that I should pay attention to? On the daily overview there are all kinds of graphs that make zero sense to me and some of the readings (Cheyne Stokes Respiration, RERA, Vibratory Snore, VS2, Pressure Pulse) I just don't understand.

Here is my statistics page info. I would appreciate any feedback.

CPAP Usage
Average Hours per Night - 06:49
Compliance - 99%

Therapy Efficiacy
AHI - 1.18
Obstructive Index - 0.51
Hypopnea Index - 0.44
Clear Airway Index - 0.22
Flow Limitation Index - 0.09
RERA Index - 0.29
% of time in Cheyne Stokes Respiration - 0.04%

Leak Statistics
Average Leak Rate - 5.58
90% Leak Rate - 19.00
% of time above Leak Rate threshold - 6.89%

Pressure Statistics
Average Pressure - 13.91
Min Pressure - 10.00
Max Pressure - 16.00
90% Pressure - 15.00
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead illiterate - please advise
Hi zach,
Your profile shows a pressure of 9-13, but your statistics show that you are set at 10-16. Update your profile if that is correct. Your chart states you were at a pressure of 15 or under for 90% of the night, so your settings look to be ok.

Your AHI number is good also.

Your leak rate might be a bit high. Could be from mouth breathing. This is the first thing you may want to look at and get under control. If you leak rate is too high, then your AHI numbers may not be accurate. You could try a chin strap.

As far as not understanding the graphs, well that just takes time. Smile
Here is a guide to help understand Sleepyhead graphs and more.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead illiterate - please advise
(10-16-2015, 08:44 AM)zach Wrote: As long as my AHI is consistently between 0.2 and 2.0 is that all I really need to know?

To add - It's not all about the number but also how you feel. If you feel great when you wake up then it really doesn't matter too much if it is <1 or a 2. Anything 5 or less is considered "treated". In time you will get to know about the graphs and things will begin to click. OpalRose's link is a great start. If you don't understand something, please ask us. We'll help.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 178 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  CPAP Data advise DaCronic072 1 290 01-02-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: DaCronic072
  Advise requested: Should I LOWER my pressure? Aknakon 21 1,134 12-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 500 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Sad [Treatment] Need help/advise after changing BiPAP Machine dnar82 6 712 09-29-2023, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [Treatment] Request for Advise on my new ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto BiLevel ExXGZmpK 25 2,949 06-09-2023, 10:50 PM
Last Post: ExXGZmpK
  Therapy Advise Switched to Full Face Mask AHI increased Roamomo 6 945 05-30-2023, 05:57 AM
Last Post: paulryan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.