Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Make System One ASV constant pressures
Make System One ASV constant pressures
My mom's dr. contacted DME too late in the day to make changes tonight. So, I think I am going to make them at the risk of the DME reprimanding me. Maybe I will change them back in the AM. I need to make the unit stay at a constant IPAP and EPAP[/i]. Right now, it auto-adjusts within a range. (It is System One Bipap ASV).
Doctor said: BPM will change from 6 to 12. That seems easy enough to change.
EPAP needs to stay at 6. I think I should make both EPAP min. and EPAP max. = 6.
IPAP needs to stay at 10. I think I should make pressure max = 10 and change PS min and PS max. to 4.

Does that sound right? I have the manual.
Thank you all.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Make System One ASV constant pressures
FYI- I made the changes above and got the desired result- constant EPAP at 6 and IPAP at 10.
My mom slept almost 10 hrs. without mask noise and not needing adjustment. However, her AHI was still in the teens.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi regbeach,
You could suggest to your Mom to sleep only on her side to see if that may help to reduce AHI's, it usually does.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2015, 03:33 PM)regbeach Wrote: My mom slept almost 10 hrs. without mask noise and not needing adjustment. However, her AHI was still in the teens.

I would see if it comes down in the next 2 or 3 days. That is often the case.

At least she is getting sleep.

The other thing you can do is check on your computer and find out what kind of events she's having and how long they last.

Another option is an oximeter.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 559 1 hour ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,615 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,115 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 377 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Not sure what to make of my OSCAR data Machinist 3 214 03-10-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Machinist
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 367 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.